Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Ace Does A Good Deed


The other day,  Ace told me that he was home late that day because something interesting happened...

Ace said he was going home and walking to the bus stop with his friend when this elderly man stopped them and asked them in Chinese what were the letters he was holding in his hand about and whether they could copy it for him.

So the uncle passed them a letter that was marked "Private and Confidential" and had the words "If undelivered, please send back to .." on the back. It was to some Robinson's Rd address so I guess likely a letter from a bank.

Uncle wanted them to copy the words at the back to the front for him. But he did not have a pen and went away to borrow a pen from the Mama Shop Uncle...

At this point, Ace's friend told Ace, "Come on, let's run away!"

To which Ace replied, "Aiyah, nevermind lah... 这是做好事嘛.." (This is doing a good deed..)

And so Ace stayed to copy the words for Uncle....

And then uncle asked Ace what the words "Private and Confidential" meant and with his half past six Chinese, Ace tried his best to explain to uncle... "这个就是说,这个只有你可以看,别人不可以看的...." (This means it is for your eyes only and other people are not supposed to read this) That was the best he could do given he does not know the chinese phrase for P&C...

I actually laughed as i tried to imagine how he was trying so hard to help the uncle with his broken Chinese:)

I think Uncle wanted to open up the letter to ask Ace to read but Ace was indignant about the letter staying confidential and so he kept repeating... that "别人不可以看的...."(other people is not supposed to read this:)) hahahahaha...

I told him I am proud he is a helpful boy:)

And then leh, his fren asked for his help to jagar while he peed near the bushes cos he was very urgent and the school toilet is far far away... Ace said he was ok to jagar but this is wrong  to do so  "so if you get caught, dun pull me into it ah..."

"And then I finally went to take bus and this is why I am home so late today..." He said as he finished his story of his two good deeds...

Hahaha.. I really think my son is such a comical person.. even his story of doing good deeds also immensely funny!:)

Previous Post: I Don't Like To Do Joining

No comments: