Sunday, March 06, 2016

I Will Ban Beer!

The other day, I was out attending a workshop and on Sunday, we had a dinner with our teacher where spouses are invited cos I was part of the staff team..

I asked if Max wanted to join us but his kakis jio him to go drinking at some craft beer festival and also because he was a little hesitant to meet my teacher cos she has the power to move him to tears with the mere mention of her NAME:) hahahaha....

Anyway, I let him decide lah..

Alas, our good fren hor, called Ace and told him tat he will pick him for dinner in half an hour's time... so when I called Ace and he told me that, I thought likely they are joining me. I was contemplating skipping the dinner too if Max is going drinking for good cos I think it is too much trouble to go fetch Ace after the dinner as I was not feeling well as well.

Alas, long story short, Max drank so much his fren felt it is better that he dun drive and took his keys, called me to tell me that he has the car keys and that he will pass the keys over to Max the next day and asked me to go pick Ace.

When I called Ace again, he said his dad already called him to tell him he is not coming but he now has no dinner so I asked him to ask Popo to find food for him. My mum's place is the last place in the world where you CANNOT find food one...

So anyway, when I picked Ace up later, Popo told me he did not have much of a dinner. Because his dad says coming to pick him for dinner, Gonggong did not buy his dinner.. and when Ah Yee offered to bring him out for dinner, he declined...

And he also dam suay.. my mum walked to market to try buy him something but no more vegeterian food available.. so she bought him croissant and said will fry and egg to eat with the croissant. Alas, reach home got no egg left at home lor! Hahahahah

So my mum coaxed him to eat the plain croissant with a small packet of milo...

SO by the time we reached home, he was very hungry but he says he dun wanna eat cos if he eats and all that, by time it will be way past his bedtime and he will be super tired liao. So he decided to sleep.

When we were lying on bed and I was trying to pat him... he kept wanting to talk to me...

He asked me why daddy never come and fetch him and I tried to explain what happened to him...

ANd then he started crying and saying he is really hungry. I offered him food and he declined... and then he got angry with his dad... for not keeping his promise and then he got soft hearted and could not bear to blame his dad so much and so he started blaming beer...

"Mama.... when I grow up and if I become the prime minister of the world... I am going to ban beer! Beer is bad for everyone and so it should be banned!"

I told him there is nothing wrong with drinking some beer and relaxing but daddy just misjudged and drank a little too much. People make mistakes and that is something that his dad has to learn... to do the right thing and to drink just enough and STOP.

"When I am grown up, I wouldnt want to drink so much beer. I will only drink 3 bottles of beer a day... one for each meal..." he declared.

"Erm.. Ace, that is quite alot also lor.. hahahaha.. and no one drinks beer for breakfast one:)"

"Ok, then I will just drink two and no more than that..."

And then I teased him and told him that if he really wants to do that, he has to know this secret... it is called "What you judge, you become..." And so he as to first forgive daddy for this and not judge him.. if not when he grows up and become a daddy, it is likely he will do the same to his kids...

But he is still angry and so now that beer and his dad are out of the way, he started blaming his dad's friend, D, who took the keys. "How can you take people's car keys.. that is wrong! You cannot do that! I would not take away my friend's car keys!"

I explained to him that D was trying to help us protect daddy and keep daddy safe. He was not trying to be mean but trying to be a helpful good friend but no matter what I explained, he refused to listen or forgive him.. hahahaa:)

And then suddenly, he started crying and sobbing and so I hugged him and told him that I know that he is upset. I am so sorry we did not arrange the whole thing well and caused him not to have dinner. And then he cried harder and I told him I know he is sad cos he felt like daddy forgot him but he should know that even though we parents sometimes make mistakes, we still love him no matter what. It was really an honest mistake and not that we dun love him or that he is not important to us. And finally he stopped sobbing....

And then he kept saying he dun understand why D took the car keys... Sounded like he is determined to make deal out of this and so I told him it is too late and I need to go bath so I hugged him and went out of the room and left him to it...

I found out later that he did not finish the croissant and so the next day, when I walked him to school, I told him that if he did not want to eat cos he was throwing a tantrum... his body is his responsibility and so, he should have tried to find things to eat in popo's house. Popo's house is filled with so much food.. it is virtually impossible to leave her house feeling hungry!;) hahahaha...

And I told him the reason that popo did not manage to find food for him is cos he said he was full after eating half a croissant.. plus he did not tell popo what he can or cannot eat...

I also suggested next time this happens, least he can eat is instant noodles... and if there is no vegeterian flavour, just eat dry one with ketchup or chilli lor.....

Anyway, next day, his dad brought him out to Marche to make up for it and he very song liao:) hahahahaha...

Previous Post: Can You Come And Hug Hug Me?

No comments: