Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

Had kind of a different Valentine's Day this year...

It is different on many counts for me...

For one, I spent the morning having a "romantic" valentine's day lunch with my yoga classmates. I didn't even know their names but we had been in the same class for half a year at least and have been talking to each other on off. They were just making plans for lunch and I happen to overhear and so I joined in their discussion and was invited as a result;)

And what an interesting experience it was!

We actually went for lunch at The Culinary Institute of America, Singapore! And we paid $9 for a breakfast set that could easily cost $20 elsewhere!



Because we reached quite early, and they were not ready to serve the food.. so we hang around.. chit chat, catch pokemon.. and I was so fascinated with their garden...

THere were herbs and stuff grown all around...

My friends catching pokemon:) LOL

THis is our RESTAURANT dining area... It is just a classroom.. so not much ambience to speak of but well, we are just paying $9!!!!

SO many interesting flowers there...



Then they said the food was going to be ready soon..  So we went into the kitchen to see see look look....

So it works like this.. with your coupon, you can queue.. take a look at what they are offering and make your choice and they will cook it for you on the spot...  and then you collected it and went back to that classroom to eat...

I could feel this tension in the air and I found out much later that this is the first public service for this group of students.. first time leh.. so quite kan cheong:) hahahaha



The lunch sets looked pretty good too but they were fully booked.



Even came with fruit and juice and free flow tea.

They had been preparing since 10 in the morning lor!


My selection!


We decided to all choose different sets so we could share share a little:)

And then I found out later, it even came with appetizers and desserts!




Every year, we always tried to do something together for Vday..... some years, it was a simple bouquet of flowers from Max to me... one year it was a raining walk to 85 market to eat our fav comfort food.. one year Max was away and I made him make up to me by going for a walk with me at East Coast Park... One year we went for a buffet that served Singapore food cos we miss the food here so bad after living in Dubai for some time... one year in Dubai, he bought a single rose for me at the Supermarket... One year we did a hotel stay and celebrated Vday with our wedding anniversary... There was even one year where we celebrated by attending a POV workshop together:) hahaha...

This year, Max wasnt at home though he was in SGP... so decided to do something I never did before:) I made Pat Bingsu for him to celebrate Vday...

Pardon the poor design.. had wanted to make heart shape but realized I was working a little too slow cos the bingsu was melting in our hot tropical weather! So quickly put everything in and serve!

It was also different this year because it was the first time Max did nothing for Valentine's day for me. And different this year because it was the first time I guess you could say he sort of gave up and did not care anymore.

THis year's Valentine's was kind of a heartbreaking one as I thought about it. And hopefully, there will be more Vdays together and that they will all be better than this.


Previous Post:Food Experiments

No comments: