Saturday, September 17, 2016

PoGo Parenting 101

Pokemon Go is a game that is not just good for bonding with the family and encouraging people to take a more active lifestyle...

Who knew it is also great time to parent your child and teach them a thing or two about life:)

Brought Ace out to catch Pokemon because his dad was out....  Ace is usually grumpy when his dad is not able to make it home to have dinner with us and so I thought going to catch Pokemon will be a good distraction...

I picked him up from after his tennis lesson and we slowly walked back home and tried to catch pokemon along the way...

And by the time we were near home, I was really very tired from all the walking and I assumed Ace should be too.. besides, I was also carrying quite alot of things, it was really tough...




I looked at the map saw that there is a Growlithe nearby... Walked towards it and then after trudging forward and putting lots of effort to pull my tired, old, body  to walk towards the Growlithe, Ace suddenly exclaimed that the map shows a Snorlax nearby and wanted to make a dash for it.

I told him he already has a few Snorlax plus it is very far.. Run 15 min also dunno will reach in time or not.. But we are near our original goal and should continue... And so we did.. And after moving forward another 10 steps, the Growlithe appeared! So we happily caught it.

"Moral of the story.. " I told my Ace is this... "Stick to your goal.. Dun give up... Sometimes you dunno how close u are already to your goal.. If u get distracted or give up, you will never achieve it! Its good to dream big... But opportunity in front of you must grab.... The best opportunity is the one in your hands! "

I know some people think I am teaching him to play safe and restricting his dreams..  And many pro PG players tell me that a snorlax is much better than a growlithe... But it is never about this.. I always run with him when he says there is some rare pokemon nearby...  I am not trying to tell him not to dream big...

The point I wanted to make here is to keep your eyes on your goal  and don't get distracted by other things. If you are constantly looking for greener grass, you will end up achieving nothing...

And to those who think a Snorlax is much better than a Growlithe... I think 知足也是一种幸福lor.. ;)

Anyway, I dun think I can run that much, that far.... in that little time...  with a heavy load too... because it is a few traffic lights away... and the traffic lights are at the junction where the expressway exit is... very dangerous lor....

Anyway, the other day, I was sitting at home and looking at the map and suddenly I noticed that the map has something I had never seen before....

 It is a Golem! And it is quite near my house lor...

I have never seen that before!

So I decided to go catch it:)
 Too bad for Ace.. I asked him to put the phone in the living room when he zzzz... but he always bring in to secretly watch youtube.. so I cannot catch for him lor...:D

Previous Post: Gideon's Birthday

No comments: