Thursday, August 06, 2015

National Day At YNPS

Was invited to attend the National Day Celebration in school...

As I have joined the Parent Support Group fo some time and yet to attend any of their events, I decided that I will go and take a  look lah:)

Check out what I found on display...:)

Anyway, when I reached the school, I met some of the members of the PSG in YNPS and they are all very friendly. Seeing that I was carrying a guitar, they even offered to let me leave it in the PSG room and asked me to go into the room to blow aircon and rest:)

We chatted for a while till the event started and went up to the school hall.


The celebration started when Mr H, Ace's favorite Math Teacher went on stage to be MC. THere were a few teachers dressed in NS uniform leh.. I think they are going to do a skit...

Turned out that the P5 teachers all came together to plan the celebration performance..

First part is Principal give speech and read out the Minister of Education's speech to the students..

Can you see on the far right? Those are elderly citizens invited to attend the celebration party too. I thought this is a really nice gesture and think we could perhaps work with schools near Meiling Area for our LB Meiling Seniors:)

Skit started with Mr H preparing to go to the NDP as he was on duty..

Even got parade march in lor... hahahaha:)

And then got samsui women lah...

And the man who clears shit from the common toilets...

Satayman...


And even got prizes to be given away...

And the very handsome kachang puteh man:) hahahaha



Then there is also a quiz segment...


And then it is time to give the seniors who are here a gift... THis gift is called an SG50 bear. It is made by the parents and students of YNPS... They are made to be given as a gift to people who are attending a charity concert...



Ace said he made one too and it looked like the blue checkered one. He says his sewing is the best... hahahaa.. I dunno how true lah.. last time we did the NILA I was the one sewing most of it lor...

Then there was this P2 girl who is exceptionally gifted in violin and she played a moving rendition of HOME.

Time for a wefie!:)

Grand finale, everyone raise their hands and sing the NDP song for the year:)

It was nice to be part of the event. Very thankful to the school for inviting parents...

As I was walking out, I saw some of the items on display.. they are items that the students made using a 3D doodler as part of their art program.

Ace brought home half a spectacles.. hahaha.. cos that was all he made... and the specs broke off. Looking at these.. I think his spectacle is small case lor:)


I think they even have 3D printer lor:)



Nice hor:) I wonder who made this little pony...

Anyway, I shall try to make time to be more involved in the PSG activities:)

Previous Post: The Day Ace Cheated In A Test

No comments: