Monday, August 24, 2015

Top 10 In Chinese

And so, because I wanted Ace to score well in his CA2 so that he will feel confident about his Chinese again, I made him sit down to prepare for his Chinese test and even though he goes to tuition, I still read through all his chinese text with him...

And then he was somewhat prepared for his Chinese test.

When he came home, he told me he is quite confident of passing. But I told him that the goal that we set for Chinese is to score a 80% because usually CA tests are easy to score one as there is no composition factored in.

And he said he feels he has a chance of scoring that well too...

Fast forward to two days later when the results are out... he told me that he scored 32 out of 50 for his Chinese and he was quite pleased that he passed his Chinese...

When his dad came home, I asked him if he has told his dad about his Chinese results and he did this.


Wahahahahahah.... sibeh haolian lor

And the he went into detail that he was top 10 in his class because he got 32.. many of his classmates failed... and his teacher said given that he scored 24 out of 50 for his first test ever.. this was considered very good improvement...

I told him 32 means only 64 out of 100.. it was short of our 80 marks target. I went through his paper with him later and realized he lost some marks to carelessness... if he didn't, might have scored 70 or so..

Most people were encouraging or impressed when I posted this on FB...

He went for his chinese tuition and when he came home, I asked if his teacher said anything about his results.. he said, "Ya, she said she expected everyone to score 80 and above.. so we all need to continue to work hard.." Hahahahahaha... I like this teacher!

Previous Post: I Love Buffet!

No comments: