Monday, August 31, 2015

Teachers' Day 2015

 And so, it is Teacher's Day soon and as Ace's Math Teacher will be leaving the class in the coming semester as he is taking up a course, Ace says he wants to buy something for Ace.

We went to Popular and I told him $5 budget for each teacher... I even asked my teacher friends on FB what they liked and I was told actually they are NOT supposed to receive presents.. at any rate, their fav presents on this special day were 1) Home made cards, 2) red pens.

I told Ace of the result but he insists.. NO, he has to buy the presents he wants to buy.. he is not interested in wat the feedback says.. hahahahaha...

I walked round and round with him for close to an hour to choose the presents lor.. and during this session.. I learnt two things about my son and his teachers...

1) Ace may seem blur and always think about playing but he can be observant and caring too!
When we were choosing presents, most of the presents he chose because he sees a "need" that his teachers have... Eg...

- He bouught for his form teacher, Mrs Raj, a card holder with lanyard cos he noticed that the one she was using for her card is already spoilt..

- For his Chinese teacher, Mr Seah, he bought him a box of red pens "because it comes with a free highlighter!" hahahahahaha....

- For his Math teacher, Mr Haniffa, he bought him a stapler cos Mr Haniffa's stapler is spoilt and it cannot be too small as it needs to be heavy duty according to Ace. He took such a long time to pick the right one!

- For his science teacher and new math teacher, he bought them a minion pen... he figured since he liked the pens, they must like it too:)

- For his arty farty art teacher... he bought her a keychain set that he says she will like because it is beauitful...

- Guess what he bought for his PE teacher? He bought a whistle since it is one of the things PE teacher uses most often!:) hahahaha... he said too bad cannot test cos the whistle has to be very very loud ...

- For his music teacher, he said he wanted to buy a recorder holder for her since he noticed her recorder dun have a holder for it! Hahahaha.. so cute lor.. I told him I dun think can find tat lor.. so he grudgingly bought a pen for her in place of that...

- For his two tuition teachers... he bought them red pens... but is of his favorite brand and limited edition one...

He even bought for his guitar teacher (a merlion SG50 chocolate as Mr P is French), his swim teacher a meal and his tennis teacher a dried seaweed snack!

He initally wanted to buy THIS for his swim teacher...
 Cos then Mr T will surely share with us during lesson and I can eat it! hahahahahaha... evil evil!! :)

2) The second thing I noticed is that while we were choosing presents.. I asked him how he felt about the teachers and why he complained to me that his teachers were so fierce and scold him all the time, he still inisists on buying a present for everyone...

His reply was that he likes his teachers now.. even those who scold him.. cos he realizes now that they all care for him very much... hahahahaha... I think his stint of trying to commit suicide helped him see how much he is being cared for and loved...

When we went home... I asked him to quickly finish his homework so that we can start wrapping and making card for Mr H whose last day is the next day...

 Ace do halfway and then had an emo moment like in the picture above.... I asked him and with glistening eyes, he said he was just missing Mr H.... and as he was preparing for his math test, he said he really really wanted to score well for Mr H in this test... I told Max about it and he said Mr H will likely want to know he has been inspiring.. so I decided to drop Mr H an email...

Dear Mr Haniffa

This is Ace's mum, Angel...  

Thank you for being such an inspiring teacher... Ace is really sad that u won't be teaching him for the next few months... 

While we were revising for the mini math test... He paused suddenly and had tears in his eyes... 

When I asked him what was that about... He said... "Nothing... It's just that I really want to do well for this test for Mr Haniffa before he goes away for his course... "

Attached is a photo of him in his moment of "anguish"..

Just thought you might wanna know the great positive impact you made on him:) he has started to enjoy math alot more with your help... 

All the best for your studies! :) Ace is praying hard you will be his teacher again next year :)

Regards,
Angel


 Once he was done, we quickly wrapped the present and made the card..

 I was a little impressed with what he wrote too...especially the part where he said he felt the love of his teacher and the part where he said "Thank you for bringing out the best in me.." portion :) Made me feel warm all over reading it...

Here are the other presents and cards..


 I think the message is short, sweet and to the point:)

 This one for the Chinese teacher deserves a special mention...

It was a "feel like banging my head against the wall...." moment... as he was making the card for his Chinese Teacher and and he came up to me and asked me, "Mummy, is Teachers' Day called ‘老师会’ or ‘老师天’ huh?" Faintz!!!!! I sent this joke to his teacher via whatsapp and e LOLed... hahaha :)




 "Dedication to my education.." leh... This one is for his form teacher whom he used to say always scolded him... I am glad he really appreciates all the effort she makes...and  I really think he inherited some of my writing finesse:) hahahahahah

This one is for his social studies teacher who always tells long grandmother stories.. he used to complain they were boring but hey guess wat.. now they are informative!:) hahahahaha....

All in all, I am just glad that Ace appreciates what others does for him from his heart lah.

Previous Post: I Want To Dinner With Cayden

No comments: