Friday, January 22, 2016

Mastery 2016 In Hawaii: Day 3-Day 5

 Woke up early on Day 3 of our workshop and saw the beautiful sky... but too bad my phone camera doesnt do it much justice..

 Saw some loose chickens roaming around....


 After I cleaned up and change, took another photo again:)



 Today's weather is quite clear with lots of sunlight... so the mountains look GOLDEN today:)



 This mountain area with the white stiles are what we called the Jurassic Park.. cos that is where the movie of the same name was filmed:)



 If you drive past at the right time, you will actually see the cows grazing ;) Not a sight you see everyday....


 Doesnt this lake look beautiful against the misty mountains backdrop?





 Because we were so early, we decided that we will go to Mac Donalds for breakfast today:)


 Arriving at the barn after breakfast...

 Today they prepared this snack for us... we know it in Singapore as 旺旺... never knew he had a ang moh name that sounds so feminine!:) hahahahaha....

We had a longer break today and so I ate cup noodles and went out with them for coffee afterwards...


 Wish I had time to sit and chill at the seaside:) Some of my classmates do go to the nearby beach when they are free but so far I spent most of my time eating and chatting:)  haahhaaha..





 So beautiful right?:P

In the evening, our classmates Y and C suggested that we visit this sukiyaki place cos it is very tasty.. it is my first time eating sukiyaki:) And I really find it very tasty... and I was thinking Max and Ace will like it too ;) My Jap friend who saw my FB post said she will teach me how to make that for Max and Ace:)





 By the time I realized I had forgotten to take photo of the shrimp.. that is all that is left:) hahahahahaha

 The Sukuyaki set comes with carrots, white cabbage, green veg, golden needle mushroom, shitake mushroom and meat in this bamboo thingy that you can make into meatballs by pushing with that wooden thing tat came along with the set:)

 First you pour in the sauce and heat it up....

 Then you add in the meat balls...




And then you pour in more sauce and water based on how sweet and savoury you want it to be and you throw in everything else to cook it.

This is our waiter, who helped us with this. He is 3rd generation Japanese living in Hawaii and says his parents sent him to regular school since he is a US citizen and so he can only speak a smattering of chinese, japanese and korean as they learnt the basics in school...

Then we went home, chilled and chatted.

That night, I had a huge breakthrough... while chatting with my roomates, I realized tat I had a hidden mistaken idea that I was the one who caused all the misfortunes to happen in my family and that I was the reason my mum had to work and I would come home to an empty house everyday after school and it is because of this that I have not really been living my life as me but living my life for other people and also giving up my life and doing lots of extra things so that I can compensate for this terrible thing I thought I did. Because of this, I found it hard to go do my own thing and let Ace do his own thing and always feel like I need to stay at home and be home for Ace when he is back from school.

I had never been aware before this that I had such thoughts and beliefs and am thankful to my friends for helping me get through this though we had a long day and they were really tired.感恩...

 Woke up next morning and saw this... was wondering why there are people driving their cars over and realized that it is the WEEKEND! :)


 Arrived at the Barn and saw this cat we meet everyday at the barn. He always looks very fierce and when you talk to him.. he will pretend not to care:) Today, he looked like he was guarding the shoes lor.. so cute:) hahahahahaa... Anyway, later when I decided I was not interested to talk to him anymore, he tried to come and hang out with me when I saw him.. hahahaha ;) Funny cat...

 Someone had a birthday that day! It was T's birthday and we celebrated with a song and a cake after workshop :)



 Class ended a little earlier that day:)

So WL suggested that we go to this very very nice KIMCHI fried rice!:)


 This is taken while we were waiting for our seats. We were inside and saw this table with lots of yummy food so when we finally got our table, we told the waitress we wated to order what they were eating!:) hahahaa

 The food was delicious! And not too ex and the portions were huge:)

The kimchi fried rice had charsiew and what not inside... like yangzhou fried rice.. only they added kimchi... hahahaha:) Maybe I can try cooking this at home...  The chicken, the teriyaki ribs and pork chop was also not bad:) They are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside lor!  Alas, was really too big a portion so we dabao the leftovers so we can eat the next day.....

Went home that day and chatted with Ace a little longer since we have not been chatting the last two days...

Ace told me the other day they were driving somewhere to collect his dad's race pack and the weather suddenly changed and the sky turned super dark! And he even sent me pictures to show me...




 When I asked about the fish, he took another picture to show me that he took good care of the fish and that he remembered to feed the fish...

 Then he complained about the fact that his charger that Aunty A gave him is spoilt liao. I think likely cos he too chor lor lah...

And we also talked about Zhen Popo. Apparently, Zhen Popo kicked on her heel and it was painful. She went to the chinese sinseh with my mum and then got better. But the next day, suddenly she cannot stand up cos her knees were swelling! So my mum called and ambulance to send her to hospital where she had to stay for observation.



 I am so glad that my sis and Max updated me about it via whatsapp everyday and took pictures for me to know that she is well and ok.

I was a little worried cos the last time, Laoma and Yeye had fallen and gone into hospital before CNY as well I hope that my Popo will recover in time to be home for CNY. I really have no wish for another somewhat shitty CNY.

I told Ace that maybe he can sing song for her and entertain her and he told me, "That is cayden's job lor.." So I asked him to help me tell her I love her and hold her hand and chant for a while when he visited....

I called them once when they were there visiting but my grandma sounded like she was embarrassed to be cared about so she kept saying goodbye to me even though I havent finished talking to her:) hahahahaha.... She told me later that she kept asking Ace and Max to go home when they visited because the lady in the bed next to her always poops in bed and she thinks it is so dirty and the air there must be dirty and that children will fall sick easily if they stay too long:)

Happy to know after a few days that the swelling subsided and that she is able to walk slowly with a walking stick and that she could be discharged by friday...

 Ace also told me about the various things he found in school in the last few days.... like this ball with shiny shiny bits ..... and this keychain that his fren gave him.. he was so excited he wanted to send me all the pictures of all these things he found...  And of course, not before complaining that he really wanted to hug me and he couldnt...




While I was away, Max gave Ace a little more autonomy and let him go lunch with his friends and meet his dad in interchange. But lunching with frens cost to much and he had no money left the next day and so Max made him something to bring to school.... he promised he will make marcaroni for him... and so he did.

Alas that was the first and the last meal he cooked for Ace cos he says he found out it was too much work and just easier to eat out:) hahaha

We only said goodbye when I told Ace that I was really tired as it was already 1.30am in Hawaii and it was time for me to go to bed:)

 Sunday! Though it is still weekend but there is no one at the beach lor... wonder why.. Are they all at church or something?


 Today, the sky looks like it was sending down rays of grace from the heavens:)


 The best picture I can take while in a moving car:)


 We listed down our goals for the workshop and my classmate AL who wrote our names and goals went the next day to add wings to my name. She said she had tried to draw wings but then found they looked too much like horns and so she added something to make them look more like wings:)

Quite an app transformation I would say:) hahahaha.... I went to the workshop feeling much like a devil.. hahaha:) And in the 10 days there found my angelic wings :)

 Max sent me this on whatsapp and I laughed out loud.. cos it is an indication that they tried to go eat buffet at quality hotel:)

Everytime we are in the lift, we will discuss about why they put such a bad picture of the singers if their intention is to attract people to chill at the lounge:) hahahaha... But Max says he also sent me to let me know they have updated with pictures of prettier singers :) hahaha

Anyway, they couldnt find food there and travelled around and finally found something to eat HERE..





Dunno what Ace is eating but it does look really tasty!:)

As I started to get used to the time in Hawai., I started to feel less sleepy in class but also started to wake later and later.. I hope it will be easy to adjust back when I back home in Singapore...

Previous Post:
Mastery 2016 In Hawaii: Day 0-Day 2

Mastery 2016:

No comments: