Monday, November 14, 2016

Meet The Parents 2016

It was time for yet another Meet The Parents so we can collect Ace's report card. Max was overseas so I had to go alone.

But our good friend hor.. never tell me I gotto book slot TILL the day before..... at 11pm... so late liao.. book wat slot.. I just go and try my luck lor... Heng ah.. the slot we go no one is there so we just walk in...

Teacher said they were quite worried for Ace actually and very glad he came through with flying colours.

Cos our good friend was consistently not handing in his corrections, not handing up his work on time, handing in torn or crumpled pieces of work... and I think things took a turn for the worse when they changed monitors cos he felt he was being  let go because he was not up to standard. All, which to me, are signs of having a BAD ATTITUDE.

His teacher explained to me that they had already wanted to change monitors after mid term but he was uncertain how Ace would react to it and it was because he was mindful of Ace's feelings and possible response, he kept delaying till Sept.

Tsk tsk tsk... not new news to me but Ace look sheepish throughout. I told him afterwards he was lucky he has good teachers who were patient but next year, he needs to get rid of these bad habits.

His teacher also reminded Ace that next year is going to be tougher, the workload will be heavier and things have to move faster so he cannot afford to be behind time anymore.

Then we met his Chinese teacher.. whom I think seemed alot more confident and is better than before! She asked Ace alot of questions and encouraged him along the way... by affirming that everything is actually do-able and that he can actually do better as long as he puts in effort.

And she also listed some ways he could get busy during the holiday so that he stays current with chinese words and wun need alot of effort to get chinese back into his system again when school reopens...

Wanted to walk home actually cos I was doing some challenge to walk 1ookm in 21 days.. alas, it rained... very heavily.. so we had to take bus home lor...

 Waiting for bus at bus stop...



 Ace was so happy tat it was raining lor..




 And we suddenly saw this earthwork wiggling on the pavement in the rain... eeeeee...


Here is a gif of it moving!

Doing his fav thing in the lift when we were home..


Here is his report book...




Did not hit my target of walking so went out walking again...


Saw a new type of flower/weed.... pretty!:)

Previous Post: Ace's Pokemon Collection

No comments: