Monday, June 09, 2008

Birthday Pot

Yes, I know Ace birthday is still some time away.. but he is already asking for presents from us all the time.

Nowadays, instead of just walking around, he will see things and tell me, "Mummy, I want this..I want that..." The lucky thing is that when I say No and explain to him why not he will say, "ok.." and walk away from the toy instead of throwing a tantrum and rolling around on the floor of the departmental store.

The other day, Ah Yee's Isetan Card newsletter came in and Waipo was flipping through... the moment Ace saw this series of colourful pots and pans, he fell in love with them and told waipo.. "Waipo, I want.. I want.. I want to chao chao chao.. I want to chao mian..."

The next day when I came over to my mum's place, Waipo passed the newsletter to Ace.. "Go and show mummy which is the toy that you want..." And Ace came and pointed to the same set of pots and pans and told me, "Wo yao.. mummy.. wo yao chao chao chao..."

It was $29 for a set.. and the original price was $99.. so I was wondering if it was lifesized and if you can really cook with it.

"Why dun you buy for him for his birthday this year?" I asked Waipo...

And so Waipo did ;)

Turned out though that it was a very small set and it was all plastic.. can put cooked food in it but cannot use it to cook...

"Hiyo, if I had seen it (Waipo asked Ah Yee to buy on her behalf), I think I wouldnt have bought it lah.. almost $30 leh.. just like tat..." said Waipo..

But I guess she was made to feel better later when she realized how much fun Ace was having with it and how much Ace loved his present..

For the first few days, Ace was so happy with it he wanted to eat out of his pots and pans.. haha ;)






Previous Post: Box of Fun

No comments: