Monday, June 16, 2008

We Finally Shift Home!

We finally shifted back home.. well, sort of anyway ;) We are at least sleeping in our own homes.. just tat every morning bright and early, we wake, dun brush our teeth, dun bath (unless Ace shits) and we just travel to Waipo's house and continue sleeping there... HAHA...

Well, I think it is probably a good time to shift home lah.. so the transition was quite seamless.

It started off with my mum travelling to vietnam for a tour with her colleagues... so we had to be at home to take care of Ace for a few consecutive nights... then I decided that I should get Ace to get used to our house since he has not visited the place since we left about a year and a half ago.. I don't even know if he remembers the place or not...

So we started by telling him that the house we are staying in right now is Popo's house... Actually, we have our own house.. it is Ace's house... It is Daddy, Mummy and Ace's house.. it is our house.. and in the house, Ace has his own room and his own bed... "Do you like that?" I asked him.

"Yes!" he replied enthusiastically because he just happened to be at the age where he likes to exert ownership by telling everyone that "This is MINE!"

So we brought him home for two consecutive nights.

And boy did he like that place! The moment he reached the place, he sat down on our tatami and asked me to go away while he watched TV...

Then he started jumping around and searching for new toys to play with... Because all the toys at home are foreign to him (since he hasn't seen them for about a year and a half), he got really excited...

And after that, he kept asking us, "Ni yao hui wo de jia ma?" (Do you want to go home?") "Ni yao wan wo de toys ma?" (Do you want to play with my toys?) Which meant that he missed the house because he loved playing with the toys there..

And of cos, he was impressed that he had his own bed and he kept telling me "Ace de chuang..." (Ace's bed) and sitting on it, lying on it... he was just so happy he started to shake his bum ;)

The next step, we tell him that he is a big boy and since he has HIS own bed, he should sleep in HIS room... PHEW! The idea was a great hit with him..

And then we asked him if he wanted to sleep there and he said ok... so we asked him if it was ok if there is no milk.. "Ok.." he replied.. but he kept asking for "air con!" so I told him that the air conditioning unit in his room is spoilt..




Even though for the first 3 days we were sleeping there, he slept in strange positions, took a long time to fall asleep and woke up in the middle of the night to cry, he would fall straight back into sleep when we hugged him and patted him.

So now, Ace is officially a big boy who can sleep on his own bed and finally, me and Max can sleep together! Hehehe... feels good to be able to sleep with max without someone in between us.. even if the someone is our son ;)

Anyway, we had a mini house warming by inviting Stanley and Clari to our house for dinner.. for my famous vegeterian bak kut teh soup ;)

Now, all I need is to get my water heater fixed and I am good to stay at home for good! Only thing is that I would have to give up the luxury of having time to do my own things...

BUT.. dun worry, cos I am searching for a school for Ace now.. soon...sooon I will have freedom! Yeah!

Previous Post: I Think My Best Friend Understands

No comments: