Friday, May 06, 2016

So Much Food, So LIttle Time

Haven't been cooking so much these days because Max is on diet lah... becuase it is near exams and I dun have time to cook if I want to monitor Ace's studies.. etc.. But still, decided to make some things here and there lah.. cooking is afterall still rather therapeutic for me. I wish my big kitchen can come sooner so that I have more working space and start cooking more again...

I was looking through my food picture album the other day and so impressed with myself and impressed with all the food experiments I had in Dubai:) hahahaha



This one is Martha Steward's one pot spaghetti... supposed to throw everything into the pot and cook... but I dun have all the ingredients she used so I just put watever I have lah:) Ace says OK onli... I think the saving grace is the cheese!:) hahahah

Miss Dai Gors brinjal with toufu again.. and so.. went to buy a bean paste to cook this dish.. taste still not right leh.. But dun care lah.. better than nothing:) hahahahaha...


Saw this recipe and I think Ace and Max will like it cos it is brocolli.. which they like..and I decided that I am going to bake this one day. Finally got a chance to do that... Not that difficult to do lah... and Max and Ace both said it is very nice. I tried one batch using Happy Call to panfry.. the other batch using airfryer.. Airfryer batch is nicer.. BUT my only complain is one time can do very few pieces only cos airfryer very small...

Duck porridge... my favourite! Annie bought some duck for me and cos I am only one in the house who eats duck.. I put in fridge and cook a bit everyday... I just put duck and cooked in plain rice and water..  and when the porridge is done, just drizzle in the chup that came with it.. heavenly!!!!

Salty duck rice is a fav in my household. I always made it with veg mock meat.... and since I had duck, decided to do it using real duck meat... and it tasted dam good lor!!! cos I used the lor chup to do it.. when you have good lor chup.. . cook anything also nice!:)  I am so glad I cooked extra rice... shiok! Many thanks to Beth for sharing the original recipe with me...



Came across this brinjal pizza on the internet... and think Ace will like it.. since it has all of Ace's favorite foods... brinjal... mozorella buffalo cheese and tomato sauce! Cos i used air fryer and one time can only make like a few.. so I only made very few slices... only Max and Ace got to eat it... and they say it is nice. Will make again:) I wish the oven is working.. then I can one shot do many many of these:)



The other day, I remembered that I had veg curry paste... and then I wanted to make veg curry...  and then I cooked the rice.. cut the veg liao then realized... OH DEAR. the paste is chicken curry paste.. will taste very different with veg!!!

So leh, I search through my kitchen and decided that I had enough ingredients to make curry veg from scratch. And since not enough this and that.. I replace lah.. added veg fish ball, veg fish toufu, tau pok etc:) I must say it tasted not bad lor:) STill havent lost the touch:) hahahaha...


This is veg yang shou fried rice... I made because our good friend watched this cooking show where chef Forest taught us the short cut to making yang zhou fried rice.... and Ace said it looked yummy and asked if I can make for him.. and so I did:) Really tasted not bad... But had to use big fire... I was sweating like mad when frying the rice..

All in all, very fruitful experiments in the kitchen :)

Previous Post: Korean Food Again!

No comments: