Saturday, August 06, 2016

Necklace Workshop

So Max has been busy at work... and also busy socializing (his social life back in singapore even more happening than me..) Anyway, he always bz lah..bz working, bz travelling for work, bz soccer, bz go running, bz go drinking, bz with charity work...

As a result, I actually feel quite restless and sometimes even rather lonely....

So when I came across a FB ad that says there is a Necklace workshop at Tangs, I asked around to see if any of my friends are interested to take part since it seems like a very interesting experience...

And KP said she is keen and so we signed up together:)

On the actual day of the workshop, I arrived a little earlier and felt hungry.. so I went to jalan jalan and buy myself an avacado juice for lunch..

Times up.. I came to the place where the workshop is held...

Since I was early, I went to the back to take a look at the yarn.. I knew we were going to make one single colour and one double colour necklace... so hor, I went to see see look look and decide what colour I wanted to use...

So while looking hor, I was almost certain I was going to do teal with light blue and some other dark colour...


I dunno why when I finally started making and had to choose colour... I selected this instead:)



Lesson started! Woohoo!

I figured people can also buy the yarn and learn online.. which will be cheaper.. BUT.. the good thing about having a teacher is she will teach us the finer details like:
  1. The importance of using a proper fabric scissors
  2. How to tie a good end knot that will NEVER unravel
  3. How to unpick if you make a mistake


Truth to be told, I dunno why I chose this colour.. till this day, I have yet to wear this out because it doesnt match anything that I have:) hahahaha... And I think I made it a little too long.. so gotta unpick it to make it shorter....

KP doing her pink and grey one.. which when I look back, seemed like a better idea.. hahahaha:)

Remember my plan to do blue and blue? I dunno why... when I finally went to choose, I chose the red and blue one....

THis one is made by my teacher.. for sale at $56


Almost completed..

KP hard at work:)

Tadah!




Actually afterwards, I went to walk around and saw some other pieces for sale.. hiya, should have gone there for inspiration an I was like. "Wah... why din i think of this combi. why din I think of that combi..." Cos so much nicer than the ones I did....


But in the end i discovered the combi I chose is still the best for me... cos it matches my wardrobe:) hahaha

All in all a fun experience... I was told Daiso also sell jersey yarn.. maybe can buy to make more ;)

Previous Post: SG Bear Project With YNPS

No comments: