Saturday, August 06, 2016

Pokemon Go: The Start

 So Max was overseas and when he saw this cap, he decided to buy for Ace... cos A for Ace mah..

But in retrospect.. perhaps he had a premotion of what was to come..

You see, there is a new game driving the world crazy... and it is called Pokemon Go. It was launched in many other countries before it came to Singapore and after a few days of launch, there have been lots of news about people meeting with accidents etc because of the game...

So we told Ace pointedly that when it comes to Singapore.. he is NOT to download or play...

But Ace is not at the age where he will listen to his parents all the time... so what did he do? He secretly downloaded and thought I will not know....

On the day that PoGo was launched, he was home a little late...  I asked him why he was home late and he gave me a sheepish smile....

Turns out he downloaded the app.... and started playing with his friends at the bus stop.. "I didn't play when walking or crossing the road. I just sat there and wait for the Pokemon to come.. I was safe!" He said..

But I know it will be hard not to let him play given that the whole world will be playing and he will feel super left out if he is now allowed to play... So I made him promise to always understand that:
  1. This is just a game... no game is worth losing your life over
  2. This is just a game... safety always comes first in cames....
  3. This is just a game... so no wandering around after school to play it...
Then it was the weekend and after tennis, he went to Nainai's house. He was so happy when he found out there is a Pokestop in Nainai's bedroom.. and someone put a lure there. So by just walking in and out of the room, he can play and catch pokemon in the house!


 Shushu the game expert of course also downloaded to play.. Tat is him complaining no fair.. how come he in the same house his phone cannot detect the pokestop as being near enough to spin balls and how come Ace caught more things than him:) hahaha...

On Sunday, we went to Popo's house and Ace said someone put lure at Laoma's house there and asked if he can go.... AH Yee said she wanted to bring Cay to the playground and so we decided to all go downstairs together...

But the lure was boring leh.. Ace said nothing much to catch... we we all went to the playground to play...

Then Ah Yee said she wanted to see what is the hoo ha about and suggested that I watch over the boys while they play at the playground and she will use Ace's phone to try play the game...

 Ace teaching AH Yee how to play before she gets started..

Then the boys started running around and playing together in the playground...





Alas, Ah Yee walked one round and did not catch anything.. so she came back:) hahahahaa...

 As he understoo the game more, Ace decided he will do what others did on Youtube... he strapped his car onto Cay's remote control car... and tried to hatch eggs...

And as he went about his game, Ace kept complaining that he did not have Pikachu cos when he started the game, he did not know that you could walk away from the starter pokemons and get a Pikachu... and then Ace told me that you can transfer the pokemon.. I thought he meant I could transfer pokemons in my account to his account...

So a few days later... at night while he was asleep and I was alone (Max was out drinking with friends again), I downloaded the game and did that "walk away from starter pokemon" thing...

 My first POKEMON:)

 THen I found a duck in the living room... and got started on the game...

 My avatar in action:)

 Maybe I knew in advance I will join MYSTIC:) hahahaa.. somehow just liked the blue outfit...

Anyway, when it was time to pick teams, Ace says I should pick Mystic cos him, shushu and shenshen are all Mystic... and it is more fun to play together in the same team...

 After playing for some time, I realized that my house seems to have alot of this pokemon called MagiKarp... I call it the 要死不死的鱼.. But Ace says I cannot see it no up cos it will evolved into something awesome... a dragon! Shushu says he wants to come to our house to stay:) hahahaha

Anyway, few days later, Ah Yee also started playing cos her lunch kakis like to lunch in Changi Village.. which is a PoGo hotspot... so it is more fun to play and eat lunch together...

 I asked Ace to make another thing that can help hatch eg... this one he made.. not as ideal as the RC Car... but give him one star for effort..


Now that I have started playing the game, I fully appreciate the humour in the following pic;) hhahaha
And that is how we started our PoGo journey...

I told Ace that if they ever have some sort of trading or transfer function, I will transfer all my pokemon to him if he wants:)

Over time, I found out it is quite a good bonding activity with him.. and so though it has been a month already and we are both still playing:)

Previous Post:Necklace Workshop

No comments: