Friday, August 15, 2008

Ace Was A Ring Boy

My best friend, Karen, who is also Ace's godma got married! ;)
And Ace was given a very important role to be the RING BOY.. so two days before he was due to be ring boy, i started telling him and reminding him at home that he has a special job at ganma Karen's wedding..

You can see the pictures HERE:
http://verityy.multiply.com/photos/album/87

The night before, I made Ace draw ganma Karen a beautiful card... and then I helped him spruce it up a little with some decorations...

And then on the actual day, I reminded him that he has to give ganma his present and say, "Gong xi gong xi..." Alas, all he did was pass to his ganma with his outstretched arms and he said, "Ganma, ni kan!"

Anyway, Ace was a little bored initially because there were no kids around.. that is because most of the people brought babies and other than hanging around the babies and really young toddlers (who are not so fun to play with), Ace had nothing to do... till ZG's best fren arrived with his twins.. I think they are 2 years older than Ace.. Ace was so happy and the three boys just started chasing each other around the room...

The moment they arrived, Ace ran to them and hugged them as if they have already known each other for a thousand years...

However, the boy's mother looked quite unpleassant.. i think she wanted her boys to be well behaved and not running around and she kind of shot me a angry look.. it seemed to say, "Can you take care of your son and stop him from playing with my boys?"

She mentioned later, "I thought who is this.. they know each other meh?" It felt on a certain level that she was slighting my child and did not like my son to go near her children..

Maybe she was just overtly protective over her boys.. but i disliked her on sight.. which is very very rare for me to dislike someone on sight...

My thinking is that it is normal for children to play. As long as they are not really disturbing anyone or hurting anyone, why stop them? If you don't want your sons to play with mine, ask them to stop lah.. pull them away lah.. dun shoot me a dirty look as if your children are too high and mighty to play with mine...

She didn't even look as if she was happy to be there to share their joy.. wat is most amazing is that she actually brought homework and made her boys do homework there! wow! That's a type of mummy i hope I will never become...

Anyway, because of this, I gave Ace some reason not to play with them.. initially when they were eating, I told Ace they had to eat their food so don't disturb them.. later, when I left the place though, I told Ace that it is ok to play. But sometimes, some parents are very kao zeh... they like to control their children and dun like their children to play too much.. so leh, when you see such parents, SIAM them and their children...

But in my heart, I felt that it was so unfair for the children that I had to teach my son that but I did not want him to be shooed or treated with disdain by other parents... Maybe instead of teaching him to siam, I can teach him to go and make friends with the parent instead ya?:P

I discovered most children are easy going and forgiving.. really it is just the parents most of the time that are overtly protective and overtly a control freak...

Anyway, when i think back, I guess that mother might have had her reasons.. it is not easy to take care of a pair of twins.. when they are boys and a little girl whom I hear has got terrible temper.. so ok lah, I forgive her lah... Maybe she is just not used to being out of control and did not appreciate when Ace showed her what FREEDOM and EASE is all about...

Previous post: If Angel Can Cook.. Pt 2










No comments: