Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bi Sheng Exam

Ace took my hairband to play with it and did this..

I told him he looks like those people who will tie a band around their forehead and write the words "必胜" on it... to signify their determination to win...

This exam is kind of a little different for me....

I remember... first exam in SGP, I was all stressed and had to keep reminding Ace to work and do this and do that... and over time... I became more and more relaxed... and he seemed to maintain or even improve in his results.

So, this exam, I made a decision that I will leave it to him. It is actually a tough decision to make. But I just thought it is time he learns to manage his own exam...and a fren reminded me that our children have their own way to learn and excel.. as long as we love them alot, support them, they will find their own way...

It takes all my willpower not to start nagging though! hahahhaa...

I did not make any revision timetable for him like I did in the past. But I did tell him every now and then, when his exam is and roughly how many days he has left... If he dun want to get started on revising, ok lor.. dun revise...

I asked him to do mock papers for practice and left it to him to do... or not....

If he spent time watching cartoon.. i ZIP... let him watch...

So basically, I only did a few things:
- I loved him alot and reminded him I love him no matter what
- He had a just before exam melt down and I held and hugged him and let him cry for 15-20 min
- I kept his phone in the last week before exams and during exams because we both agreed it was a distraction he seemed to be unable to overcome on his own
- I chanted and did gongyo with him everyday (as show of my support and the silly boy so cute lor.. insist he wants to refill the gohonzon cup with iced water so he can drink the water after chanting.. he thinks it is magical water or wat i think:) hahahaha.... )
- I marked his mock papers for him and went through corrections with him
- I made sure he had nutritious food to eat

He came home everyday.. very confident about his papers.... It was the first time he could finish and complete all his papers... yes, even for Chinese, he completed the paper!

Hopefully, he will do well, if not better... in this exam:)

If not... Hmm.. maybe it means I have good reason to nag at him again?!:) hahahaha

PS and Update in Nov:
So he has gotten his results already. He scored a few marks lower than his mid years for English and his Science but he was highest in school for Math! Which surprised me and his teacher because during the mock papers, I had to go through quite a few topics that I find he is not so strong in. I asked him if he is happy and he said he is very very happy to score 97 has he has never scored so high before and I told him that is why I encourage to score above 90 for his other subjects too. However, he was a little disappointed that he did not make improvement in other subjects ... Anyway, I hope this means he will have a good foundation and P6 PSLE year will be an easy year for him and US his parents:) hahahaa...

Previous Post: Wine Festival

No comments: