Sunday, October 02, 2016

The Day Ace Almost Lost His PoGo Account


Ace cried...

Again...

The reason? He accidentally exited his Pokemon Go account and was unable to log back in.

It meant he could possibly lose everything in the game and all the hard work... and all the wonderful things his caught and all the trips he undertook to catch them( like our visit to Bedok Reservior, Marina Barrage, Gardens by the Bay ) will all come to naught. And that means he loses his Blastoise, his Wigglytuff, his Charizard... all gone!

So he cried..

And he was inconsolable....

I tried to help him get it sorted out but niantic website's "lost password" site kept bringing us on a merry go round and asking us to key in DOB. But in order to dl the game without my permission, our good fren go and anyhow key in his DOB la... and did not follow any particular order. Eg I would do like my own birth day and month and maybe change year.. he did not.. he randomly see his mood and key in something and did not remember wat...

So he cried and cried.. I told him it serves him right for downloading without our permission:) hahahaha

He couldnt and wouldnt stop crying ... so I comforted him that perhaps it is good cos then he can concentrate on his exams... anyway, he can try and catch again....

And then I promised I will do my best to retrieve it for him....

And who could I rely on help? Mr Google lor.. I googled and someone mentioned if you lose your password, you need to change password using a computer, not a mobile phone .. because the same page in the phone will keep looping you back to the same page like what we were experiencing... and so I suggested that we go home and try again on my computer...

Heng ah... it worked!

雨过天晴! What a scare!

I asked him afterward what did he intend to do if he cannot get his account back. He said after he calmed down.. he thought he can just start again lor....

Anyway, taught him a lesson about being prudent when it comes to things like accounts and passwords...

Previous Post: Papa Not At Home

No comments: