Thursday, October 06, 2016

I Think Daddy Changed


Today, while we were having our nightly chats, Ace asked me if I could lock his room door cos he wants to tell me something secret...

I told him it his ok because his dad is in the living room and wouldnt be able to hear us anyway..

So... he started to tell me his secret...

"I think hor... Daddy changed..."

I asked him what does he mean and when he says changed, does he mean changed for the better or changed for the worse?

And he said, "Both.. for better and for worse... Well, actually the better is the worse..."

I was like "???????..." Is he trying to be diplomatic or confusing...

So I asked him what did he think has changed about his dad...

And to my surprise, he articulated very clearly... something I also have been feeling for a while and I swear that while I felt this way, I never once said anything in front of him...

He said to me, "I think daddy changed... Last time in Dubai, he will spend alot of time with us, he will eat dinner with us, bring us out shopping, watch movies together with us... and then after we came back, in the first month... he still did that.. and after that, it changed.... he stopped doing these things with us....  And then... it moved into another phase.. where he brings us out sometimes... and then it change into another phase .... and then he become the always busy phase.. he go running lah... go work work work... go drinking with his friends lah... and he no longer have time for us..."

I told him it is cos his dad is Mr Popular, everyone wants a piece of him..

"Why everyone want a piece of daddy?" He asked me..

"I told him because Daddy is popular mah.."

Anyway, I reminded him that his dad already had dinner with him on Monday and also brought him out for dinner today... "So I guess Daddy is also making effort lah.."

"But maybe hor.. daddy changed again after his HK trip..." He continued...

I certainly hope so...

Thinking back about our time in Dubai and looking at the many pictures we took, I do think that back in Dubai, we did have alot more time together as a family. Because there are just so many other things to do here... even for Ace... he has so many extra classes here.. tuition lah.. guitar lah.. swimming lah... and so, we dun really have weekends to ourselves anymore...

It doesnt help that Max has also started new hobbies other than his soccer... and that he has so many different groups of drinking kakis here in Singapore...

I really miss having quality time together as a family.... and as a couple too...

PS: That happened some time back lah. I noticed Max probably realized this too and started making more time for the family :)

Previous Post: Appreciation And Gratitude

No comments: