Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Sperms Are Yellow?


WHen Ace was much younger, he asked me whether sperms have eyes... and what happened recently really shows how much he has grown!:) Seems like all the foundation he has gotten from the book Changing You and  the German Kindergarten Textbooks helped too:)

The other day, I was having a conversation with Ace and he was telling me about how they are given sex education in school by a teacher where all the boys are sent to one room and the girls to another.

As I had already gone through a few rounds of that with him, I am quite sure he will be quite comfortable with that and not be squirmish... so I asked him how it was.

So his teacher explained about the birds and the bees and all the proper terms to use to describe their sexual organs and then he said a friend told him that sperms were yellow...

Ace told him sperms should be white cos the liquid they come out in, called the semen, is white...

"But I saw it in a book..." his friend insisted...

"Those are the eggs... the ovaries lah, silly..." he replied.

Apparently his friend mistook picture of the eggs for the sperms.

Actually I also dunno wat colours the sperm and the egg are... so I asked Ace how he knew. He said he read it in a book about biology and said just to be sure, they also raised their hands and asked the teacher and the teacher confirmed it.

Talking about knowledge, I realized that recently, Ace has been surprising me with little nugget of information about many many things. Be it me sharing with him about the traffic lights in Hawaii, or about some biology thingy... or maybe we will be discussing about a certain machine... and he will always either tell me he already know what I was sharing with him or he will share with me something I did not know... and whenever I asked him how did he know... his answer?

YOUTUBE....

Even though he always seems to be watching those boh liao parodies and list  of funny factoids that are super boh liao.. he actually learns things lor:) hahahah.... 

Previous Post: New Hair Do For New Year


No comments: