Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Grand Day Out

Had a great day yesterday!

First half of the day, I was at home awaiting in anticipation for the later part of the day to arrive because me and my hubby have declared yesterday PART TOR (dating) DAY!

Finally! After one whole month! Some quality time to ourselves. Some time to whisper mushy stuff, cuddle together, hold hands and walk around….

Getting ready was like some ritual….

First must bath until I smell nice nice ;) And then must do my hair, make up, dress up… But no matter how I comb, my hair still in a mess.. darn, will be some time before I can get to visit the hair dresser. And boy, is my hair loooong. Who said it is impossible to survive confinement with long hair???

And then last but not least before I go out, MUST FEED MY SON and ensure that he is FULL ;)

When I asked hubby where he is bringing me and he said, “It’s a secret!”

Oh goody! I love secrets and surprises! :)

In the end? Erm, we ended up in the not so romantic Tampines Mall and had Bi Bim Bap and Cai Tao Kway for dinner at the food court. We also ta pau (takeaway)yam paste from the food fair downstairs for dessert.

After which, we walked around pretending that we were intending to buy phones/ clothes/ baby bottles, etc.. walking around aimlessly has NEVER been so much FUN!:)

When the time was up, we went to watch our FREE movie using tickets tat the Singapore Navy gave to my hubby and boy, was the movie, The Island, COOL!

There was lots of running around.. beautiful faces to look at and a very intriguing storyline. Both of us enjoyed ourselves very much.

But it was a tad disturbing. Especially since I have just given birth so recently!

The movie dealt with cloning and the process was so artificial and surreal but yet very similar to natural births.

They could harvest pple.. make them grow up to adulthood physically by putting them into this huge sac tat represents the ammoniac sac. Likewise, during birth, the ‘umbilical cord (some ugly looking wire tat transfers nutrients to the sac) is cut off, the sac is broken and the ‘baby’ is born.

So strange to see a crinkled adult sucking his thumb and the doctor performing all the tests they do for babies.

That’s not all! Given the fact that I have been studying up and applying about the human’s sub conscious mind. It seems really disgusting that they even sell them deceptive ideas by showing them this video repeatedly. Gee, no wonder child educators say TVs are no good for babies. In fact, children before age 2 should not watch TV at all lest they do not learn how to interact with people properly and lest they pick up loads of rubbish ideas from the media.

Nevertheless, I am glad we enjoyed ourselves. Such a joy to be able to hold my hubby’s hand for two hours non stop during the movie and lie on his shoulders during the scary parts. I am really glad he took effort to plan this and take me out. Really look forward to doing this at least once a month :) (Dear, if you are reading this, this para IS meant for you.. hahaha…)

Anywayz, we went home after that and by then, my breasts were so full of milk they were about to burst open. So I started to express my milk.


Milk Supply Has Increased!

I am happy to announce that milk supply has since increased ;) The first time I expressed my milk, I only managed 10ml after half an hour!!!!! The second time, 70ml. Yesterday, I managed 130ml after half an hour! So proud of myself and so happy I can prepare for the next grand day out. Maybe this time, I will bring Ace along too.. Haha…

But as I was expressing my milk (it is a very boring process cos you have to concentrate and make sure the pump is held against your breast properly and since you have to hold the pump, you dun really have free hands to do anything else), I was asking myself this question:

“How can you express your milk faster if you do not have a pump that can express both breasts at the same time?”

After 3 minutes, I decided that the only way is to feed the baby on one breasts and express using the other so you use one hand to carry the baby one and one to carry the bottle.


Ain’t I a genius!?P

1 comment:

Clatzz said...

eh, i was at TM ystd oso leh... the curry puff at the fair look good oso... and the ice cream vert nice lor...