Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sticker Ace






The longer Ace is apart from Max, the more sticky he becomes. Recently, as friends who go out frequently with me know...Ace has been calling me whenever I am out. He calls so often that when the phone rings, my friends say, "Oh, your son calling you liao.."


When I pick up the call, he is usually whining and he will ask me who I am with, where I am, why I am not home, whether can I come home earlier, can I come home immediately and spend like 5-10 minutes whining about why I am not at home, why I am not having dinner with him, etc etc etc...


I put up with it because I know he is feeling insecure and make a mental note to spend some time with him alone in the next 24 hours and to alleviate this, I try to tell him in advance where I am going, who I am meeting and what we are doing and what time I will be coming back but sometimes, he still throws a tantrum...


Some days it is a little better cos he gets to express all these in his many written letters and drawings to his dad... Now that he can draw and write quite well, he really gets quite creative....

Most of these letters are addressed to his dad and about his wish of wanting his dad to come back to Singapore... The other day though, he told me that I am very beautiful and that he wants to draw a very beautiful picture of me:)


But you see, sometimes I really do prefer going out instead of staying at home because Ace can get really sticky... he wants to lie down on me, hug me and just lean against me at all times... and when I am feeling hot and bothered, the last thing in the world I want is someone attached to me like a siamese twin...


So most of the time, I just let him be till I cannot tahan and i will ask him to please sit properly beside me or sit on my lap but stop putting his hands and legs all over me.


"But i just want to massage you.." he would say and he would change topic and pretend to massage me only to slowly creep back up on my back lah, on my tummy lah..


If not leh, after I bath and wash my hair, he will want to COMB my hair for me... but leh, all the pulling and tugging with the comb is turning me bald.. so boh pian, I have to ask him to stop after a few comb throughs to keep my hair.. hahahah..


And then leh, when he sleeps, he wants to sleep right next to me with half is body STUCK to me... I asked him why he has to stick to me like a sticker when he sleeps and he says so that he will not have nightmares...


Cos according to Ace, he had a nightmare the other day while sleeping and the nightmare is him and daddy going to the zoo... "But that is supposed to be happy dream what.."I told Ace.


"Yeah.. but there were many gaint mostquitos come and bite my buttock.. very pain..."


Like tat also considered nightmare? Win already lor...


Sometimes, in the middle of the night he will suddenly come over to hug me in his sleep.. when i ask him about it the next day, he says he dreamt that him, me and daddy went out and he wanted to make sure that we were together...


Anyway, my son is very proud of his "stickiness".. he always so proud he is STICKER ACE and tells me.. "Mummy, I like to stick to you like a sticker, right? I am sticker Ace right?"


Yes, right... and even though i sometimes find it too much for me to bear, I still love you, Ace!:)


No comments: