Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

This year mother’s day, it was bitter sweet I guess… Since the Chinese saying goes, 先苦后甜, I will start with the bitter part I guess.

Bitter is of course because of the fact that I cannot be with our mothers and their mothers. I missed my mum… Missed my mother in law.. Missed both my grandmas….

The fact that I could only send an e-message sort of bugs me and while typing the message out, I was sort of emotional and teared a little. I remembered that when I was young, whenever it was Mother’s Day or my mum’s birthday, I, for some unknown reason, seemed to think that stationaries are the best things in the world and always end up buying her notebooks! (Many of them became  Ace’s drawing board later..hahaha)

I guess it is also because when  I was in primary school, other than the school canteen, the school bookshop is the only “shopping mall” I frequent without my parents:)

Anyway, back here in Dubai, Mothers day was.. well, like any other day. In fact, it was even more of a hard work day than anything else. As it was Sunday, and it was my only “off” day where no one in my office will send me any email or ask me to do anything… no meetings on skype… it was the day I can catch up on my Big Bang Theory and do the things that I wanted to do.

Maybe I was in a foul mood that day.. . because despite having free time, I just did not feel like doing things like watching the movies I wanted to watch… I certainly did not want to work as I have been working NON STOP for the week..  and many a times through wee hours in the morning.. or even during my family time…. I had just tried my hand at making 9 layer cake on Saturday and failed.. but someone has to eat it right? So no baking or cooking…

And what did I decide to do in the end?
House after the GREAT Clean Up

I cleaned the house! Wahahahaa…. I did quite a thorough clean up if I may so say myself. And so when my bestie messaged me to ask me how was my mother’s day, I told her it was hard work for me.. as I had just cleaned the house and cleaned the toilets! Wahahahaah…

Anyway, I had been bugging Ace about my mother’s day present and he kept saying that it was going to be a secret and that he will only give it to me on Sunday.

My son's drawing of me. I think he sees his mum as a messy hair crazy woman always doing housework cos apparently I am wearing an apron:) And he refused to draw my ears cos he insist is covered by my hair...

Well, he din make this for me on Mothers day.. I found it while packing up but nevertheless, it is still sweet:)
Sunday morning came.. Ace forgot it was mothers day.. TILL he read my FB with me and saw many people talking about it. And then he wished me Mother’s day.. then he told me that his present was himself and a sword he made… wah lau, dun even have card for me lor… At least he made a nice card for Popo and a nice card for Nai Nai…
The card for popo.. he says popo always wear jeans... and got short hair.. and popo always call him Feng Feng.. so he sign off as feng feng...

Nainai has a pony tail.. cos she always ties up her hair.. but hor nai nai very seldom wear skirts one.. dunno why he draw her in a skirt :)

Went to Mac Donalds for breakfast over the weekend and Ace said this is my mother's day present.. wahaha.. it is just a pot of flowers on the table:)

Then he came home from school…

I told him since is mother’s day, have to send his godmas something… So we decided he will sing a song for his 5 god mothers over whatsapp.. wahahaha… And all the singing and joke telling (Some of them he told some ad hoc joke) inspired him and then he told me he had a mother’s day present for me.. And then he started singing gangnam style in his own lyrics! I laughed till I pengz.. I told him that is very good.. can he do again for me to video.. and he gamely did so… THREE TIMES
Each time he did it.. was impromptu.. that is why the lyrics are all different! Wahahaha….
Maybe he can be a song writer when he grows up.. my frens cracked up when they watched one of the videos I posted on FB.. wahahah…
So that is the sweet part lah…

And the best of the sweet part is that a friend shared about this contest where you talk  about your most memorable experience with your kid or your mum… so I decided to take part.. the prize was a stay for two in some resort in BKK… and just for the heck of it,  I asked Ace if HE wanted to take part… He did! End up, his most memorable experience was the same as mine—our stay in MBS :) So leh, I sent it in as one entry..

A friend who read it said she was very moved …  and… WE WON! I think it was Ace’s heart felt write up that tipped the scale.. so too bad..even I win, I cannot TMM alone with Max because  Ace says he won so he should go too! Hahahaha…

Previous Post: New Discovery: Golden Roaster At Samaya Hotel!

No comments: