Saturday, January 13, 2018

Meet The Parents At BVSS

Went for the meet the parents at Ace's school.

Among all the MTP I have been to, I must say this is the one I was least impressed with though they provided me with dinner;) hahaha..  Mmm... I guess I was looking for the more holistic and human touch like in Horizon and YNPS... But this is just a typical Singaporean school..

When I arrived though, Ace's teacher stopped me...

She asked to speak to me and asked how are things at home. Apparently, Ace told his teachers about our divorce. But that itself wouldnt warrant a one on one talk since divorce is common these days (he told me later that 60% of his frens are from divorced families)

THe teacher wanted to talk to me cos during one of the truth or dare game where you have to make three statements and people had to guess which is true, Ace made the statement that he once tried to commit suicide by jumping down from the school building...  She needed to verify if it was true and also wanted to know if it is ok to send counsellor to talk to Ace.

I was more than happy there are more pple to talk to Ace as I know he is now of the age where he may not tell me everything anymore though our bond is still there.

But knowing Ace, I think there is some reason that he made this move lah.. so I asked him after if he really needed the whole world to know he tried to commit suicide.. and he innocently explained to me.. that he was only trying to win the game.. cos this sort of statement will sound like it is totally untrue and he can win because it is true.. so he used this statement cos it gave him the highest chance for winning..

faintz! hahahahaha

But well, I guess good also cos his teachers will keep an extra eye on him after this.. and as for Ace, he is just happy to miss lessons once  a month and get milo treats from the school counsellor:) hahahaha.

Previous Post: Lychee Ice Cream

No comments: