Friday, July 25, 2008

Ace Goes To School!

On 14 July 2008, my boy Ace, has finally started to attend school! Yeah! Hip hip hooray!


If you a wondering why I am sooooooooooooo happy, it is because with Ace in school, it means that I am free to do whatever I like in the day because I get to have my own time, my ME time and my quiet time...

Anyway, Mrs Ho, the principal of the school said Ace is very ready for school. "In fact, I think he should be here 6 months ago.." she said when Ace went there for a half day trial.


True enough, Ace would show anyone who came into his house his school uniform and tell anyone who bothers to listen that he is going to Popo's school... Everyday he reminds you that he wants to and is going to Popo's school.


So on that fateful day, he woke early to bath and happily changed into his uniform and packed his bag for school. Once his bag was packed, he started carrying it around the house as we walked around the house and prepared ourselves.


The very happy Ace even posed for a number of photos happily and told me, "Wo yao qu xue xiao le!"


And true enough, this little boy is so ready for school that the moment we reached school.. he does not even care if I exist!


No doubt he was a little shy and unsure of himself when the teachers talked to him.. I followed him to wash his hands and then brought him the breakfast table where the teacher gave him a snack and then I went away with Teacher Xie to the office and by the time I came out again, he had finished his water play and was happily playing with his classmates.


He started to mingle around and made a few good friends.


His new friend Yang Yang told him, "Look, your mummy is over there!" But Ace just continued reading his book as if nothing happened and ignored both Yang Yang and me.

And then he ran and tried to make friends with the Eurasian sweetie pie in his class and even held people's hands and tried to make funny faces to get her attention.. haha..


Then Teacher Toh intro Ace to the class officially and got him to tell everyone his name and made his classmates hi five with him. "OK children, please give our new friend Ace a loud clap..." said Teacher Toh and everyone clapped enthusiastically. Thinking that it is some performance, Ace bowed a few times to them.. HAHA...


And then it was story time and then Ace and his friends already started to hug each other! I think this is a very loving class and I am sure Ace is in good hands..



When Max came to pick me up, I went to Ace and told him, "Mummy is leaving, be a good boy.. ok?"

"Ok," he said and continued playing.



I am glad my son LOVES school and goes to school fuss free!


Anyway, I feel really free now.. I danced and sweeped the floor to my Moulin Rouge CD and now have time to blog and even sip a cup of my precious rose bud tea tat Karen bought for me... wat a leisurely afternoon!


You can see Ace's pics here:
http://verityy.multiply.com/photos/album/66/Aces_First_Day_In_School

Previous Post: Daddy Got Hair!






Previous Post

No comments: