Monday, March 18, 2013

My Son Boh Standard

It is really difficult to get good bubble tea here in dubai.. for this reason.. whenever he has a chance, my son will ask to eat in Sino Chai.. a taiwanese restaurant which sells bubble tea.. but the bubble tea is not cheap.. it is 18 dirhams for a cup.. and tat is something like 6 sing dollars...

As it is a popular thing amongst the arabic and filipino people  as well, there have been quite a few of these bubble tea shops around the malls.. but I never got the courage to try them.. reason being that they were expensive and because of my experience with chefs of a different nationality cooking the so called Chinese or Japanese foods and how yucky they end up tasting, I decided to keep my money lah... Just bear with it and drink my fav gong cha when i go back to SGP...


You cannot imagine my happiness when I found out that a bubble tea shop has been started in the Metro station near my house.. and it is not any shop.. it is authentic SHARE TEA.. apparently famous in Taiwan and with branches in Singapore.. Surely this alone warrants a try....

As with the Taiwanese restaurant, the bubble tea sold here are also very expensive. A cup of oolong tea with milk and bubbles  cost even more than a 4 piece chicken lunch treat KFC meal...

Because Ace loves bubble tea like me, I kept the tea in the fridge and waited till he came home to share with him.

I was so exicted that I took a picture of it and posted it on Facebook... and then Max complained that I waited for Ace but did not wait for him...

But my reasoning is simple lah.. I don't know if it will taste good.. I know Max has high standards like me when it comes to teas.. but I now Ace boh simi standard one.. so wait for him lah.. for him, as long as got tea got bubbles, he happy one...

And true enough... Ace happy as long as got tea and got bubbles.

The tea I must say is not bad.. can still taste the oolong tea taste.. even though I still find it has too much sugar even though I asked for it to be less sweet..  because they never ask me how much less.. I only mentioned less because they wrote on the menu that less sugar is available...

But for me, the epitome of a good tea is GREAT, QQ, bubbles/pearls... If the bubbles fail.. essentially, the tea fails!

Normally, I am not very fussy about the pearls... as long as they are not nuah nuah like that, I am ok already...

But because I paid so much for the tea and it cost even more than my usual gong cha... almost double.. I have VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS that it should taste good...

Alas, the bubbles FAIL! Is the fen fen type... and not Q enough at all! Like Ace always says.. EPIC FAIL!

My friend saw my FB comment about how I din wait for Max but only waited for Ace because Ace boh standard.. let him test with me first.. good then I buy again for Max.. and he said, "Why you say your son boh standard..."

But hor, he really boh standard lor.. even though he agreed with me it is not nice, he finished like 60 percent of the tea and also ate all the pearls! Wahahahaha...

When I complained on Sharetea's FB page, they replied on the same day and said that I should email them to provide more info... because they seemed so serious, I was thinking maybe can give them a chance to redeem themselves..

BUT.. after I emailed them.. till today, no reply. So leh, forget it lor.. NEVER going back again!

Will still stick to my half yearly GONG CHA in that case....

Previous Post: Ace's First Mac D Meal By Himself

No comments: