Saturday, January 20, 2007

Baby Proof Auditor



Let me say that it is especially tiring to bring Ace out during this period of his life.

Ace is now super inquisitive and super active. He runs faster than I do and I cannot even leave my eyes off him for ONE SECOND!

The other day, I left him alone for like 20 seconds to get something and in the 20 seconds, he walked ran into the kitchen, took my cup of juice and tried to drink it. He ended up spilling juice all over himself and so I had to bath him again. In addition, his white shirt became orange and Waigong had to wipe the floor all over again.

Now, it takes him less than 30 seconds to run from one end of my office to the other (and I assure you my office spans across half the office space in tower two of suntec.. so that isn't VERY SMALL...

During xmas, we went to quite a few parties and we always brought Ace along. I tell my friends he is an auditor to see how baby proof their house is.

Seng Tat and Irene's party was the first party we went to. With Daddy immobile and bz talking to his friends.. guess who had to entertain Ace non stop at the party for 2-3 hours? I nearly died after the party.

Anyway, the verdict on ST's house-- It FAILED the baby proofing test cos there were too many fun things that were within the baby's reach.... but also dangerous as well...

Subsequently, I brought Ace's playpen along to all parties...

At KP's place, I found that having a playpen is not enough, you still need to bring toys or he wouldnt want to stay inside as well. KP's house is OK but the fountain is not very safe... cos Ace likes to play, touch the water.

At Germaine's place, it was the best as Baby Tiffany's toys were new to Ace and kept him happy for quite a while. Germaine's house still not very baby proof since Tiffany is only four months old. But she is now aware of possible dangers like the little limestones and the sharp corners.

Alas, the playpen, after travelling to so many places and after so much 'abuse' by Ace is a little spoilt. The thick plastic mat underneath broke into two.. sigh.. anyone knows how to replace this part??

HELP ME WIN!!
Please vote for me for:

Cutest Baby
http://www.singaporemoms.com/community/node/84570

Cutest Toddler
http://www.singaporemoms.com/community/node/84571

No comments: