Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pumpkin Vs Ace? ACE... ALWAYS!


I was watching TV just now and the mother in the show said something like, "Please lah.. you are such an unfillial son.. if I had known, I would rather give birth to a curry pok than give birth to you!"

And suddenly, I realised tat I have been guilty of saying something to a similar effect to my son.

Some time back, Ace started to refuse calling Daddy and Mummy even though we knew he could do it. I was a little upset and also had just watched My Lovely Samsoon and Samsoon's mum told her she would rather give birth to a pumpkin.. at least can use to make soup... I found the saying quite cute and novel.. and because i was a little upset... whenever Ace refuses to do tat, I would tell him, and sometimes tell other pple in his presence that I would rather give birth to a pumpkin than give birth to him.

But I only recently realized that this would contribute to his sense of unworthiness and I decided that I have to make things right.

So I went to Ace and I carried him and whispered into his ear, "Sorry Ace.... remember that Mummy use to say I would rather give birth to a pumpkin than give birth to you? I din know that would hurt you. Mummy is sorry ok? I would always rather give birth to you cos I love you very much... Sorry ok? Mummy love you very much..."

And when I finished saying that, Ace just hugged me as if to say, "It's ok, I love you too..." and after that, his eyes went back to the TV and continued to watched the TV ad.

Usually if you say anything at all to him during TV commercials, he would have NO REACTION at all!

Isn't he a wonderful being! So gracious and full of love.. hahahaha... I am very proud of my son!

No comments: