Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Xiao Xiao!

Well, two years of age... people tell me is a terrible age and it is known as the terrible twos or the naughty twos because your children will defy you at all cost.

I have found though that if you do give your children choices and they get to exert their independence, most of the time, they are actually ok. Even if they say, "No," if you just accept it and respect their views, they don't usually push their luck too far.

So far, I think Ace is pretty nice most of the time. Just that he likes to exert his independence by asking me to do this and do that. When I can, I give in to him to let him get his way. But of course when it comes to matter of life and death, even if I give him choices, I use master of persuasion skills to make him choose what I want him to choose.

At last resort though, I just carry him away and distract him with something else.. haha

Anyway, as a show of independence, Ace ran into the room and told me he wanted to play the computer. I put him on the chair and let him play.

And then he said to me in a commanding voice and pushed me toward a certain direction, "Xiao xiao.. xiao xiao..."

But I did not know what he was trying to say.

"I don't understand you, Ace..."

So he pointed to the camera...

OH! He wanted me to take pictures of him playing the computer....

So I corrected him and told him that taking pictures is called Pai Zhao.. not Xiao Xiao (which means smile.. that's something i say to him often when I take pictures for him.. )

Previous Post: Stand Up

No comments: