Sunday, May 18, 2008

In The Night Garden

Recently, Ace discovered a TV programme that he likes very much.

Whenever this programme is on TV, he can sit there for 10 min and not move. The moment the advertorials come out, he gets bored and starts to walk around the house and bug me and my mum... once the show starts again, he goes straight back to his sitting position to watch it.

My mum kept telling me about this wonderful programmme that airs on Kid's Central every morning at 9am ;)

"I think it is called Sleeping In The Garden... you must wake up early one day to watch it lah.. I also dunno why he likes it so much... the characters look like Telly Tubbies..." she said.

That got me really worried and I was determined to wake early to watch the show cos I really dun like Telly Tubbies. I think Telly Tubbies are freakie and that they are "satanic" cos they have this baby face sun that Ace will cry whenever he watches it when he was younger.

So I woke up at 9am one day to watch it. Turns out that it is called In The Night Garden... it is about a surreal world in the garden between sleeping and waking. I thought it was probably more apt for children to watch it at night. Really looked alot like Telly Tubbies.. even the names of the characters also very TT.... wat upsie daisy... strange lah.

There is for most part, no dialogue... just a narrator and the sequences goes in and out of reality... in short, it is a telly tubby show with no telly tubbies ;) Later I found out it is by the creators of telly tubbies.

As of now, I still cannot understand why Ace likes it so much.

Here's a preview of it... and if you have a noisy child in the morning, you can consider letting him watch this.. they do teach them some things as well :) Note, it is meant for children 1-4 years old.. so if you are older than tat.. it is normal if you cannot appreciate it! hahaha...



Previous Post: Neh Neh Ni Boo Boo

No comments: