Saturday, January 16, 2010

Changing You




Some time back, Ace asked me where babies came from and it so happened that on the same day we had that conversation, we went to the library to borrow books and I discovered this book called Changing You.

I told Ace this is a book that will give him the answers about the questions he asked me and he said that he wanted to borrow it.

And since that day onwards, he has been asking me to read the same book for him EVERYDAY!

Initially I was quite happy lah.. cos the book teaches some very good things and it talks about:




  • What is a penis



  • What is a scrotum



  • What happens to your body when you grow up if you are a boy or a girl



  • What is an errection and why it happens



  • What is sexual intercourse



  • The developmental stages of fetus in mummy's body



  • How is the fetus born and why it drinks milk from mummy's breast



  • Why you cannot let other people touch your body



  • How you should react if other people want to touch your body



  • What you can do if you have 'sexy thoughts'



But of course, when I read, I dun read everything. Because Ace is only 4, I skip some of the more graphic parts but I must say Ace has learnt alot. Like he knows that in the morning when his penis is errected, that is called an errection and it happens cos blood flows there...

Most importantly, he understands that when people want to touch him, he should say NO and tell a parent. The book also teaches them that they can only touch another person's body if they and that person are in love and they have their permission to do so and that they should only have sex if they are ready for it and ready to have a baby...

Anyway, as you can tell, it is a book with alot of info so it takes alot of effort to read to him.. even if i skip certain parts..

So after reading it almost everyday for two weeks, I finally buay tahan and asked him.. "Ace, why must you ask me to read this book everyday??"

"Because, Mummy, I want to know what will happen when I grow up... When I grow up, I want to get married and have babies.. so I must read the book..."

Wah, din expect him to think so far...

Haha.. i wonder at what age will he get married...

Previous Post: Fanny and Conrad's Wedding

No comments: