Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Most Insane Excuses


Today, I woke at around 8 plus and heard Max asking Ace to wake up. I drifted back to sleep and wondered how come there were no more noises and Ace was out of the house liao.. usually he come to my room to kiss me or to ask me to help him with his tie..

Today, all was just quiet.. So I thought it was probably cos he was very fast today and that Daddy was in a hurry..

I woke.. took out my yoga mat and started my yoga excercises and midway, a sleepy looking Ace walked out of his room. I was so surprised to see him.

"Why are you still at home, Ace?" I asked him.

And then he told me that he doesn't want to go to school. I asked him to sit down on my lap and tell me why and I suddenly noticed that his pants were wet and there was a stench coming out of it...

"Did you pee on your bed?" I asked him.. knowing he must have done that because he had liang cha late at night and a big papaya late at night yesterday at Yeye's house.

"No, it is just water lah.. I liu da han.. that is why it is wet.." he insisted...

So I went to take a look at my phone and I saw a message from Max. "Walk him to school. Tell him it is his punishment for wetting his bed. Everytime he wet his bed, he walks to school."

So I told him what his daddy said and asked him if he did not want to go to school because he has to walk...

"No..." he insisted...

And then he started to come up with a variety of excuses like:




  • School is so boring...


  • Harold Pang made me sad...


  • He dun want to go to school, he wants to talk to Daddy


And the best one is this (this one he came up with after thinking intently for 30 seconds): THE NEIGHBOUR BABY IS NOT HERE.

Just what has that got to do with whether he wants to go to school OR NOT?!

I got inspired by The Blindside and did what Sandra Bullock did. I looked at Ace in the eye and asked him to tell me the truth... "Why don't you want to go to school?"

Finally, he admitted it was because he did not want to walk. I told him then that if that is what he want, he will not go to school and on top of that, he will not be able to go to Bali with us when we travel there... and so he decided to go to school in the end.

I smsed his dad and told him what his son told me and his dad said that he will not be allowed to eat ice cream or sushi until he can show that he wun pee in the bed for one week.

Surprisingly when I told Ace that, he took it like a man and just said, "OK..." silently.

Hai.. kids..

Previous Post: Replacement Is The Key

2 comments:

FF said...

hahhhaha... liu da han.

<*ANGEL*> said...

Yes, when he sweats, he will tell me he liu da han..