Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sore Loser


When we went to visit Siok Ling Ganma, she gave Ace a very nice christmas present.. it is a Monopoly Junior to help Ace learn how to count...

So the first night, Ace was really excited and the two of us started playing the game...

And it was really great cos it helped Ace learn to recognize numbers, learn to count and understand simple mathematical concepts.. and to my surprise, Ace won the game!:)

I tot the game would be a little bit more fun if more people played, so I kept asking Max to play with us and Max finally agreed.

Alas, the first few times we rolled the dice, Ace kept paying money and then he started to cross his arms.. suddenly, he ran into the room and kept quiet...
Initially, me and Max found it amusing and we were laughing about how this little boy is such a sore loser but after some time, we suddenly heard him crying out loud...
I went into his room and asked him what it is about and he cried with tears in his eyes and hugged me and t0ld me, "I want to win...."
I cannot help but laugh out loud when i heard tat... he is crying because he tot he was losing cos he was paying money all the time!
So I explained to him that we just started the game.. we dunno who is winning or losing until the end and reminded him that the day before, he was initially losing but he still won in the end. So he has to try to play before he knows if he wins or lose...

In the end, Max lost all his money first and Ace was glad tat he and me are winners.

I guess Ace is really growing up.. and he is starting to care about about of egoistical stuff like winning and losing and whether he is being liked.. (which I will tell you more in tomm's update....)

I guess now is the time where parental guidiance is really important...
Previous Post: Fisherman Music School

No comments: