Sunday, May 11, 2014

Annie

Ace has been coming home and singing songs from Annie lately.

You know.. that famous movie and musical, Annie? The one that goes, "Tomorrow, tomorrow.. I love you.. tomorrow.. you're only a day away........."

Well, at any rate, that is the only song I know from the movie even though I have one watched half of it on tv in Dubai.

The reason being that his school is putting up a school production and the Year 4s have been chosen to be the accompanying choir. So he was quite serious about practising at home and all that and even made me download the youtube video to watch and practice.

But to my surprise, Tomorrow is not his favourite song wor... his favourite song he says is a catchy song called Hard Knock Life.

As I had guests in town and there was some last min change of plans, we dropped Ace off and I went to meet my guests. WHen I was done, thankfully, one of my friends sent me to school and I managed to catch the last part of the production.

I am always in awe during the production because these children are no more than 12 and they can sing, dance and do all sorts of amazing things!;) Some more the songs are all not easy to learn lor.. the tunes are quite difficult.

Anyway, here are the two videos  of Ace's two fav songs... 


Hard Knock Life: Ace's fav song in the production ;)

Anyway, If you look carefully, when i turn the phone to the right, there is a head with a light underneath it.. that is Ace and the ipad he was given to ensure they dun mess up the lyrics:) wahahaha...



Tomorrow: Ace's second fav song in the production:)



PS: they are blurry and cannot see face because firstly I did not set the exposure before i started to capture the video and secondly.. also i think for the best since Ace always says that the other parents are upset I feature their children online without their permission when i take video of any of their performances... strangely, they almost NEVER come direct to me to tell me.. but it is always their children grumbling to Ace...and so Ace grumble to me... and makes me mad

Anyway, I think Ace over reacting also lah.. I have a policy to protect the children also one okie.. i tell Ace... Number one, I dun tag the children. I dun even know which face goes to which name except those Ace are very close to. And if I do mention anyone at school, I dun use a naming convention that will easily be linked to them. Eg, Max is not M and Angel is not A.. could be any alphabet i fancy at that time.

Number 2, I of cos will not tag full name (Ace said someone complained i tagged his full name.. really? I din even know wat his surname was UNTIL Ace told me when he complained..) Like I said.. wah lau, you really think I bother to go and memorize all the names in the class list by surnames?

Number 3: Usually photo or video taken from a distance lah.. cannot really tell who is who one...It is not HD video quality lor.. besides, my real purpose is just to share with my family and friends at home what Ace is doing in school..

So anyway, now I just dun tag the videos so they wun show up when the children type school name and dun name the school...  hehe..

PS: These two months so many pple come Dubai:) Hahaha... Have few sets of friends visiting.. too bad most of them are here for work or stopover only :)

Previous Post: Something New For The House!


No comments: