Saturday, May 24, 2014

You Cannot Say That About Yourself

The other day, me and Ace were chatting and he was telling me how one of is friends was feeling a little dejected recently..

For dunno what reason, the friend felt rather defeated and complained to Ace that he felt that he is a failure because he is no good in this, no good in that as he has a learning disability and it takes him lots of effort to learn things in class.

So Ace told him, "I don't agree..." And named him the things that he felt his friend was good at....

And then Ace told his friend not to say that about himself. "When we keep saying something, it will eventually come true. You don't really want to become bad in all those things, do you?"

Wahahaha... exactly how I always explained to him how he should be aware of his weaknesses but not be defeated by them or by just feeling sorry for himself and repeating that he is no good in something.

Anyway, I have been noticing that Ace has been using many very british phrases...lately..

The other day, he was trying to tell me about a great idea he has come up with and he told me, "Mummy, I have come up with an elegant solution for ...." and I was sort surprised and taken aback because I never would have expected him to use the phrase "elegant solution.."

And then the other day, we were talking about him going for Camp@Home again and about his immersion program when he was attending camp. He said he was quite afraid of the teacher he met in Pei Tong Primary School because, "She looked so fierce when she is scolding people who are not paying attention and one look at her, you think to yourself you dun want to mess with her..."

Hahahahaahahaha....

Previous Post:  Music Challenge Time

No comments: