Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Food, Glorious Food!

My food adventures in the kitchen in the last few months...

This one was inspired by the fact tat SGP had this new ban mian stall from malaysia tat sold dried ban mian... so I decided to do my own. My conclusion is tat as long as you add vinegar and lao gan ma together.. anything can taste good!:) wahahaha


Saw a recipe on the net for brocolli spaghetti... alio style... Was going through a ever week also wanna eat brocolli phase.. and so I made tat quite a few times:) hahaa.. But leh, I think only I liked it.. Ace was happy just to broccoli anything:)

Korean Egg roll.. the irony of this is that Max was the one who sent me the original recipe and requested that i make this. In the end, I made this like at least 5 times for Ace but Max only managed to try it ONCE:) wahahahahaa..


Made brownies and bought ice cream because it was my mum's birthday and I was sad I couldnt celebrate with her..  The upside of it was tat the brownies were delicious!

A friend taught me how to make these amazing chocolate mouse like desserts with chocolates and toufu:) Very nice!


Craving for tang hoon.. so decided to fry some using whatever I had in the kitchen:)

Made pancakes for breakfast for Ace...

Tried to make the Brazillian mochi cheese puffs.... BUT I geh kiang, replace this, add that and it turned out to be hard like stone ;) wahahaahah...



Fried spaghetti with whatever I can find in the kitchen... Ace says it is very nice:)

After I fried the tang hoon.. Max requested for tom yam flavour.. so did tom yam fried tang hoon:)

Missed home.. so decided to make some of the dishes my dad usually makes to go with porridge...



Saw a tutorial online for this.. and since I was in sort of a good mood... decided to make for Ace lor:)

Not really perfect but Ace was super happy:)

Saw these online and thought they are easy to make.. doesnt look good but tasted not bad:)


Inspired to bake a light cheddar cheese cake... Landlord going to change our oven and so that was my LAST bake using the old oven.. new oven is going to be gas oven.. will take a while before i "understand" the oven...

Saw someone share this potatoe tofu stew recipe and decided to try.. really quite nice:) and easy to make too!:)

Decided to make risotto after watching an excellent Jap drama called DINNER that is based on the challenges of this small italian restaurant in Japan.... But it ended up more like creamy porridge:) But well, Ace like it.. that is most impt:) hahahaha

I had vegeterian sam chum bak in the fridge and decided to lor bak!:)

Yummy yummy!

Very buay kam wan that I did not successfully make the brazilliam mochi puffs.. so I tried again.. success this time!:) But I still think I dun really enjoy it lah... so I dun think I will make again:) hahaa

Tried to make fried veggie pattie from memory... but fail:) hahahaha

Curry with whatever I have in the fridge.. including toufu :) wahahahaah

This one is most amazing.. it is white sauce spaghetti... and the white sauce is made with cauliflower!
Tastes good lor

Saw this wierd cherry in the bunch we bought..

This one is not made by me.. i took picture cos i was intrigued.. we went to tis indonesian restaurant we have never visited before and realized they sell duck.. so i ordered out of curiosity.. and this is what appeared.. tasted ok but.. strange lah.. hahaha

Dunno how to make bak zhang leh.. but wanted to get into festive mood.. so decided to make lor mai kai... close enough to bak zhang mah:)

My jelly cheese cake.. very sad.. I poured the jelly too fast into the cake and the cake had small pieces that floated up... so it doesnt look that pretty.. But well, at least look ok FROM FAR:) hahaha..


As I think back of my few years in Dubai.. I think it is pretty amazing that I can cook so many things now when I could only do fried egg and instant noodles when I arrived:) hahaha

That is why I always tell people.. If Angel can cook, so can you!:) hahaaha..


PRevious Post:

No comments: