Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Poor Waigong


When I came back from Taiwan, Waipo told me that Ace has been singing some sort of song everyday and his lyrics were always the same.. "Yeye... yeye... nai nai.. nainai.. mama.. mama.."

Yes, Ace can call us now... he likes to come to me in the morning, shake my torso and call, "mama, mama.. " to wake me up.

In fact, he has started to call everyone in the family.. Waipo, Ah Yee, Mama, Papa, Laoma, Zhen Popo... EXCEPT WAIGONG.

No matter how they coaxed him to call Waigong, he refused.

Apparently, even though Waigong did not say much, he was actually very hurt. He was so angry that he told Ace "Next time I dun cook lunch for you ah!"

That was a super wrong move I say. As it is, with children, threats dun get you very far.. children are an understanding lot and all they want is love.

So I set out to rectify this situation. I would play with Ace and then when he is in a super good mood, I will ask him if he can call, "mama.."

"Mama.........."

And then I will ask him to call everyone else.... but when I came to 'waigong', he thought for a while and said, "nainai..."

So I told Ace that he should call Waigong. Because Waigong loves him very much. Waigong plays with him and cooks his lunch for him. Waigong sends him alot of love and loves him so much. If he don't call Waigong, Waigong feels very hurt, that was why Waigong threatened not to cook for him. Since he loves Waigong so much, can he forgive Waigong for saying that and give Waigong lots of love? Can he call Waigong...

It is amazing but right after 2 such pep talks... Ace started calling Waigong and blowing him with kisses everyday! :)

Words cannot describe the radiant smile on Waigong's face when he does that ;)

PS: I have been trying hard to get him to call Gan Ma but he still calls "Mama" when I ask him to say ganma... sigh.. ganma, you have to visit him more often so tat he can practice lah ;)

Previous Post: Change Topic

No comments: