Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Koala Ace

When Daddy was away, poor me had to struggle with Ace as it happened so that in the week that Daddy was away, both Waigong and Waipo had no time to take care of Ace at night.

As a results, I was forced to bring Ace along for my meetings and parties this week.

The first day, we were due to go Growth Vision for a grouping by Yanni Jie. As Ace was very excited about going "gaigai", by 6pm, he was all dressed and ready to go. If I did not leave the house I knew he would surely go into a tantrum and since I had time to spare, I decided to travel there by public transport.

The way there was not easy indeed. When we reached the void deck, I asked Ace to walk on his own and walked towards the bus stop but Ace kept running in the opposite direction. I thought it was because he was throwing a tantrum.. and then he pointed at the car park direction and told me, "Daddy, Car!"

As per his usual habit, going out meant going to Daddy's car and he did not want to move because he thought I was going in the wrong direction! What a clever boy!

So I explained to him that Daddy was away and there was no car today. "Today, we are going to take the MRT and the bus.

We waited for a bus, then I carried Ace up the bus, carried him down and then carried him again to take the MRT. When we reached City Hall, it was raining and so I had no choice but to take a bus over to Growth Vision.

We alighted the bus and it was still drizzling lightly but I had no umbrella and at last resort, I put my shawl over Ace's head and made a dash towards the building.

Once inside the meeting, I managed to entertain Ace for about 45 min with a piece of paper, a pen for him to draw and his set of building blocks for him to build. And then he started to make noise and so I brought him outside and requested that Huijuan, Livee and Shermaine help me take care of Ace as they prepare for the Bedazzled party.

Ace was all over the place and we could still hear him while inside the grouping. He was singing, banging on the cupboards, running around and playing with Huijuan's computer. At last the grouping ended and thankfully this time round, Yanni sent me home.

By the time I reached home, my arm was so sore from carrying him so much that night.

But that soreness did not end there. The next night, we held a Bedazzled Party and last minute, I was informed that I had to bring Ace there on my own AGAIN...
This time round, it was terrible because all of a sudden, Ace decided to become a really sticky koala baby. During the party, he just refused to leave me. Like a koala, he put his legs firmly around me and insisted that I had to carry him throughout the WHOLE PARTY from 6pm till 10.30pm. Even when I went on stage to give out prizes, he did not want to leave me.

By the time I reached home, I think my arm almost dropped off.. sigh...

But I guess it was a blessing in disguise also.. I initially thought he would run around the whole place and create havoc but he ended up being very subdued and during Eddie's talk, he just kept holding on to the fork with a springroll on it.

I think he missed his Daddy.. maybe he was saving the springroll for Daddy.

Previous Post: Energizer Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he kept holding till he buay tahan n decided to eat the spring roll.