Monday, August 06, 2007

Natural Speaker/Trainer


I think Ace is a natural speaker or a trainer ;)

The other day, I just attended a lesson by a world class speaker (actually, it's my mentor, Yanni) about how to do public speaking ;)

During the lesson, one of the things she taught us was to have the mindset that everyone should concentrate and focus on what you are saying. If someone were to lose focus, then you should try to get their focus back.

One of the things you can do is to look at them and smile at them till they turn their attention back to you :)

I think hor, Ace is a NATURAL for public speaking though.

Even though I have been trained with stage and drama since young, this is something new to me. But before I could 'teach' this to Ace, he already knew how to use it!

The other day, he took a piece of paper, crunched his right hand into a fist with the thumb sticking out, put the fist near his mouth and started speaking as if he were holding on to a microphone ;)

And then he started talking and talking while pointing to the piece of paper and I had absolutely no idea what he was saying. After a while, he started to say, "YEEEEAAHHHH!!!" and clapped vigorously and so me and lao ma (his only audiences) clapped along with him to entertain him.

And then he started speaking again.. as if going on to the next topic. After a while, he started to say, "YEEEEAAHHHH!!!" and clapped vigoriously again.

This time round, just to make fun of him, only Laoma clapped but I remained immobile and just stared at him blankly.

He never stopped clapping.... and then he looked into my eyes, locked our eyes contact, walked so near me that there is only a 10cm distance and never once broke the stare OR stopped clapping.

Finally, I gave in and clapped. And then he stopped and proceeded on to the 'next topic'.

Maybe he was some motivational speaker in the past life.. haha

Previous Post: Round Shit

No comments: