Monday, March 10, 2008

Scarcity Vs Abundance

I was a very jealous young child.

When my sister was born, I was so jealous of her that I stuck pins into her pillows.

I think, somehow I naturally moved into competition mode because I assumed that just because there is another person in the family, there will be a lack of love, money and all resources to go around. Because she was here, I would have less. And so I started to go into competition mode.

I was always better in my studies, listened to my parents more, got better boyfriends, got married first, gave birth first... and even though we were best frens, my sister and I, on the unconscious level, we were competing.

And the more we competed with each other, the more deep rooted this belief of scarcity is in our minds.

Because of this, I have a strong fear that when we have our next kid, they will feel the same way as well. Consciously, I know that as long as I love them and assure them, they will be ok. But deep in me, there is also a fear that I might not treat my children fairly (cos I often accused my mum and dad of being unfair.. haha.. wat goes around comes around)

The other day, we were talking to our coach, Arthur. Arthur is a very successful multi millionaire. He has 4 children and he says he needs a 6 figure income to keep his family going because once he sends one of the children to a certain lesson, the rest of them will get to go too. But of course, he was never always rich. He had his really down moments as well.

"I never reject my children and tell them that they cannot buy or do anything. Much less tell them they cannot do something because we did not have the money to do so..." he told us.

"Everything is possible, I tell them. As long as you work for it..."

And that inspired Max alot. Because of this, we started to instill in Ace the mindset that everything is possible, as long as he earned the money to get it.

To get him started, Max started teaching Ace how to recognize money. "This is one dollar, this is two dollars.. this is twenty cents..." Max will repeat to Ace day in and day out.

Step two, Max asked Ace if he wanted to have money. If he said yes, then Max would ask him to do something, help with something and give him money. And so, almost daily, whenever Max came home, he will ask Ace to massage him.

After the massage, he would give him one dollar and Ace will keep it in his piggy bank ;)

But I guess we may be worrying too much. Ace is actually a very abundant child. All his life, he has been really lucky... he never runs out of new clothes or new toys as he has many people who love him buy him new stuff. Also, just new year red packets alone this year, he collected over $600!

Anyway, I guess that means that me and Max are getting more abundant as well as our children reflect our sub conscious mind :) Yes!

No comments: