Sunday, February 21, 2010

Huat Lah!





First day of CNY was really an abundant one for Ace...

It was actually quite a quiet one though.. cos Max had to go and do 24 hour duty at the naval base... But that I guess could be a blessing in disguise for my parents cos it meant that their home would be noisy since me and Ace would spend most of our time there...

When we woke up, Ace wanted to eat nian gao for breakfast... Popo gave me a nian gao the night before and he wanted to eat it immediately. I told him that it was not ready to be cooked yet.. we have to bring it back to Popo's house and get her to cook it and he unwillingly settled for honey stars and milk as breakfast...

And then we went to our usual visiting rounds and when we reached sa lao chek's house, Ace chua wanted to play with the car and at the end of the trip, sa lao chek decided to give the car to him...

He was sooooooooooooooo happy after that and became chirpy and wished everyone happy new year very loudly after that.

Because the car was too big for our boot, we left it in 2 Lao Pek's taxi and so on the way home, he kept asking me, where is his car, where is 2 lao pek bringing is car, is he going to bring the car home....

By night time at 118's yearly CNY party, he spent like 9-10.30pm just sitting in the car and playing. When we reached home, he said he did not like the little boy in orange cos the boy kept wanting to take his car... when i asked him why didnt he share he said because "I am afraid he will take my car home with him..."

Well, Ace, when you share, you will get more...

PS: I found out later that Ace actually hit the little boy (he said he hit him hard in the face) but I am not sure lah.. cos apparently the boy's parents were luffing when he did tat.. initially i was thinking why would any parent in their right mind when some other boy hits their boy.. but i now think they must be in highly enlightened state.. cos I guess Ace was only innocently trying to protect his toy... it ain't elegant or refined to do tat but he was just being true to himself.. and we adults are pretty much the same too!:) they are so precious to discover the humour in it instead of blaming my kid.. bless them! They taught me a good lesson too!

Previous Post: Reunion Dinner

No comments: