Thursday, June 02, 2011

Ace's Birthday Wish List




Last year, a group of my friends decided to hold a birthday party for Ace at Mac Donalds.. complete with cake and presents.. because they said Max is not around... I am so thankful to them for tat gesture...


But tat created a problem for me this year.. Ace asked me if I could ask my friends to buy him this and that as birthday presents and I told him that they might not have the time to hold the party for him this year.. and that it is not a good idea to ask people for presents on your birthday.... you can tell them what you want if they asked you but it is not a good idea to tell them that you want them to buy you something.... cos it is not polite.. plus no one likes pple who "take" all the time...


So to direct his energy somewhere.. I told him he could write or draw me a list of things tat he wanted so that if pple asked me what he wanted, I could tell them wat he wanted....


So he came up with this list...


The first item on his list is a spy gear watch.. which he quickly crossed off and wrote MAX on it because he already asked his dad to buy that for him.. and his dad really did:) muahahahaha... (His dad also bought him the bey blade stadium and two new bey blades. I stopped max from buying him a gun because he already has 3 or 4 nerf type of guns and he rarely plays with them!


I told him this list exists as a possibility... hahahahahah... it is not a for sure we will buy for him or someone will buy for him...


Anyway, I was talking to my frens that day about this because Ace whined about why his dad is not celebrating his birthday with him when his dad left after a two week vacation in Singapore... so Jo offered to do the party again....


I told Ace my friends wanted to celebrate with him again BUT this time, they will only celebrate with him and they will not be buying him presents... he was super happy but when I said no presents, he looked a tad disappointed.. then he asked me... "Can you ask all of them to just buy me one present?"

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I want a nerf dart tag..."

I told him that present is very expensive and he shouldnt expect people to buy him expensive gifts....


"No, not the expensive one.. just the $21 one tat we saw at toys r us that can shoot out 6 bullets.."


I dunno how to make him understand that if he doesnt really play with his guns, he shouldnt keep asking for more guns.... why have so many guns and other than when we just bought it in dubai, he has never really played with them (as it was a hassle to pick up the bullets).. we barely have space for all tat at home...


Anyway, I think he should be very contented that he has already recieved half of wat he wanted...

That being said, I was expecting his list to be much longer.. like 10-20 items.. am happy he kept it a very short list.. wahahahahahahaha:)

PS: He asked me to buy him a shi wan ge wei shen me (100000 WHYS) VCD as birthday present.. I think it is a good idea as I will bring it to dubai and show him there... tat will be good continuous exposure to chinese...


No comments: