Friday, January 23, 2015

Ace Treats Mummy To Some Ice Cream


Ace has started going to school and returning on his own.

After he forgot to bring his phone and got lost once.. he now religiously brings his phone.

And he will usually message me once he leaves school and tell me he is coming over now. I will then keep a look out for him on the bridge and once I see him, I will go and pick him.

Today, I was looking out for him and waiting for his message but it did not come. So I thought I will quickly go and make him some lunch. Suddenly, my phone rang.

"Hello, mummy... It is f-wording raining leh! Can you come and pick me?" He said..

I looked out of the balcony but it did not seem to be raining. However, there were black clouds hanging over the school building so I said i will go and fetch him.

"Ok, so I go back to school now ok?" he said.

That is because I just had a talk with him yesterday before bedtime. I told him that if he is outside and feels threatened or in trouble and he is near the school, just run back to his school. Example, stranger come and talk to him for no reason.. just run to school because school is safe as there are security guards, teachers and friends there.

Also, I told him that when he is outside alone and people try to talk to him, he should always just ignore them. Nevermind it if it rude...

Then of course very important.. I told him if he is outside and in trouble... DO NOT CRY. You can only cry after you return to school or see policeman. Before that, if you cry, you will attract attention.. but it may be attention of bad people who pretend to offer help.

As I was walking towards him, I noticed that it is really sunny and there is NO RAIN at all!

So I messaged him and asked him to walk towards me.

Halfway to his school, I saw Ace running towards me with a cup of chocolate ice cream in his hand.

"Nah, this one I bought for you for your troubles..." Ace pushed the cup of ice cream into my hands.

"Really ah.. you buy specially for me? Is it you bought for yourself and see me liao so give to me?" I teased him..

"No lah, I buy for you one.. I never eat at all. See.. it is melted cos of the sun.. luckily I ran here.. so it is not totally melted..."

So I thanked him and offered to share the ice cream with him. The ice cream tasted extra sweet!:)

Then we walked home slowly and he said he bought the ice cream because he went back to school but after waiting 5 min, he couldn't see me and he panicked. But he remembered that he shouldnt let people know that he is panicking so he act cool and go and buy ice cream for me:P Wahahahaha.. I dunno what is his logic:)

Then I asked him why he did not message me. His sim card got free 1GB worth of data. However, calling and all that is super expensive. It is 20cents per call. So I always tell him to message me on whatsapp first before calling me.

His reply?

"Oh, I called you because it is easier to tell Siri to "Call Angel" than to say "Whatsapp Angel"... I don't know if Siri knows how to do that or not."

Wah lau eh, got so lazy one or not... sigh...

Previous Post: Math Monitor Ace


No comments: