Friday, January 30, 2015

Swimming Lessons Again!

I am so happy!

After a half year hiatus, Ace has resumed swimming:)

The other day, I came home after going out to meet my friend. When I walked past the pool, I happen to see the swimming coach who teaches swimming in our estate.

So I asked him how much were his lessons and if Ace can join his class. And then, just nice... it falls on thursday... a day where Ace is free.

So, Ace started his trial lesson that day!


Based on his skills, Ace was placed in the intermediate class.

There were a few indians, a PRC girl and a Singaporean girl who turned out to be the sister of Ace's classmate. For me, it turned out to be a meet the neighbours session as I got to chat with the mother of one PRC boy and also chatted with the mother of Ace's classmate... only to discover that we were school mates in JC and that she still remembers me!:) I also found out that there are actually many YNPS students in our estate but most of them do a car pool...


I am just amazed at Ace's ability to fit in anywhere!

He was on such good terms with his swimming friends and it felt as if they had known each other forever at the first lesson... even the swim coach asked if they had known each other previously... maybe cos the indian classmates reminded him of his best friends in Dubai...



Anyway, Ace is really happy to start swimming again despite protesting at the start...

I think he started to enjoy himself as the lessons go by....

And I think his swim coach is really good lor. He is a little like the Dubai swim coaches I have seen when it comes to teaching the strokes.. and he is good at engaging with children.. he even teaches them things outside of swimming..

Eg, one time when I went down with Ace, I saw the swim coach giving a prep talk to a little boy. Apparently, while the maid was zipping up the swimming costume of the little boy, the zip pinched on his skin and he started scolding his maid.. so his coach told him, "She was trying to help you and accidentally hurt you... there is no need to quarrel with her. Think about how she is trying to help you everyday. If you scold her and she goes back home... who is going to make breakfast for you.. who is going to help you carry your bag when you go to school? Who is going to help you.. is there really a need to quarrel with her?"


The coach is also very generous lah...

Trial lesson was free for Ace..

And then every lesson he helps apply the anti fog thing onto Ace's goggles... he also gave Ace a free cap and helps them put on their swim caps and goggles every time... I really think he is quite amazing:)

I hope Ace can move on and become better at swimming with this coach:)

Previous Post: Grand Theft Auto

No comments: