Monday, January 19, 2015

Visiting Laoma

As our weekends have been rather packed, we havent visited Laoma for some time. Since this week we are free, I told Ace we will go visit Laoma.

Laoma's dementia since to be getting worse. Everytime I see her, some aspect of her dementia seems to have deteriorated..

We went together with Popo and C and this time round, when we saw Laoma, she was in the "I wanna sleep" mode.

The whole time we were there she was just lying down. One thing though, she seemed really happy to see the kids. I find that whenever we visit her, she warms up to the kids instantly whereas to adults, she will take time to warm up.

The last time we visited, we could still make small talk.. this time round, she is unable to make small talk but will say random things that have no link to me. i guess perhaps that is her way of making small talk as she is now unable to connect speech with thoughts properly.

Popo told ace that Lao Gou bought Aunty S a rainbow loom kit but she doesnt know how to make things and so asked Ace to teach her. So the very happy teacher brought along his rainbow loom set to teach her how to make some simple bracelets..


I asked Ace afterward, how does he feel this time when he visits Laoma. He says that he feels rather sad when he sees her. "She never sit up and talk now and just sleep there. I think she is getting weaker.."


I guess this CNY, it will be really difficult to for Laoma to eat reunion dinner with us as she is now mostly on a semi liquid diet.

Previous Post: Mummy You Very Outdated Leh

No comments: