Thursday, April 02, 2015

No One Wants To Be My Partner


The kids these days are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky...

Ace came home the other day and told me that the school will be bringing them to malacca for a two day one night trip for cultural exposure. Best part about this is that the school will pay for half of it.. and they can pay for the other half using edusave!:)

But that brought about a problem for Ace.

He was told by his form teacher that they will be allowed to choose room mates.. Likely they will be grouped, two to a room and so, his classmates started pairing up with each other.

Ace wanted to pay with J but even though J did not have a partner, he did not want to pair with Ace. So Ace tried asking other people but everyone else had someone they already wanted to partner and so they couldn't partner him...

Ace was really upset and came home to tell me about it...

"Mummy, no one wants to be my partner..." he complained to me. And he went on to become really upset about that... he says no one in school likes him and so he must be stupid.

I told him that if he already had someone to partner with and someone else came along, he has to say no to that person what.. cos e already promised his friend to partner him... so maybe that is why his friends said no to him.. may not be that he is no good...

Also, I highlighted to him that perhaps he can widen his friends circle instead of hanging around with and merely playing with those few boys that he talks about often.. There are more people he can ask if he has more friends...

But he was determined to play victim and went on to tell me how people often laughed at him in school. "But don't you like it when pple laugh? you said your ambition is to become class clown and you always do alot of silly things just to get people to laugh mah..." I asked him.

He insisted that those people are not laughing with him but laughing at him... and then he went on to complain about how bad he is doing for chinese and how people always laugh at him for doing badly and how he does not have an exclusive best friend.

I hugged him as he cried and whined... and waited for him to calm down..

I reminded him that being bad in studies is something that can be overcome with some effort and work. It is not the end of the world and if someone laughs at you for doing something badly, perhaps it is time to rethink if this person is really a good friend. I know I will not laugh at my good friends in this way..

Besides, I also told Ace he needed to be patient  in looking for a best friend lah... You dun find besties in school in primary school all the time... I only found all my best friends from secondary school onwards... in fact, most of the friends I am close to now that I consider my best friends, I met only when I started working:) hahahaha

Any way, I was quite certain the teacher will plan the rooms and that they will not get to choose roommates... But Ace thinks otherwise..

 I told him in that in whichever case, he should just chant hard to gohonzon. Gohonzon will plan for the best roomie for him which will either help him learn something or give him an enjoyable time... As long as he chants and trust gohonzon, he will be given a great room mate!:) And so Ace says ok.. he will chant for a room mate.

Few days later, he returned home and said his teacher said that they will be put three in a room and they will not be allowed to choose roomies... The guy J who wanted to room with someone else suddenly changed his mind and wanted to room with  Ace and then Ace started chanting hard that he will not get to room with H, the boy he liked least in his class.. hahaha...

Oh well, I reminded Ace, what you fear, you actually attract... good luck, son!:) haha..

Previous Post: What Mr X Says About Ace

1 comment:

Han said...

2 things I find interesting here:--

1. why did the teacher inform the class to 'choose their own partners', then turned around and planned for them the following day? such contradicting arrangements is certainly uncalled for and shd not be repeated. look at how hurt our poor fren is.

2.bravo for channelling Ace's attention towards positivity. liked the way u 'hugged him till he cool down' before encouraging him to chant to gHz. where attention goes, energy flows and result shows...