Thursday, August 13, 2015

Missing Lan Kwai Fong

The other day when we were out supermarket shopping with Ace, Ace asked if I can buy brinjal because "I miss Lan Gui Fang... I want to eat brinjal with toufu..."

LKF is the chinese restaurant that we visit most often when we were in Dubai. We were there so often tat the owner, a chef from HK whom we lovingly refer to as Dai Gor will ask us if we want coffee and give us free soup everytime we go:)

So I bought the brinjal lor...

I decided the other day to do a "We Miss LKF" theme and make the two dishes we ordered most often when we visit LKF in Dubai..

They are the three egg brocolli and stir fried toufu with brinjal...

Alas, I have been unable to recreate the same taste for the brinjal and toufu dish as I do not know wat goes into the sauce and I am not that great a chef to be able to just taste and tell what taste is it...


But we just got a air fryer and I must say it is dam good for frying toufu! Crispy and tasty.. sedap!!


If only I can still contact Daigor and find out exactly what goes into our favorite dish! This time I tried chilli bean paste with oyster sauce...

Next time I will try less bean paste.. more oyster sauce plus soy sauce and see if there is a difference...

All we are missing.. is ribena with soda water and lychee!:)

Previous Post: I Love My Family

No comments: