Monday, November 07, 2005

How to Measure Up?

Stressed ah!

Just the other day, I was talking to hubby about how I always knew that my baby would look quite good becuase me and max quite good looking and how I never expected that he would look THIS CUTE and become so POPULAR...

I mean, sometimes I even think it is insane and really very kua zhang.

I have friends downloading his pics as wallpaper and even their colleagues are very excited to see Ace's new pics.

I also have friends telling me that they miss Ace when they dun see him just for a few days.

I have friends who see me and the first thing they ask EVERYTIME without fail is, "Ace leh?" and then quickly proceed to carry and play with him.

Even little kids like Tashi also come and ask me "Didi leh?" and keep kissing him, playing with him and wanting to carry him everytime she sees me.

And whenever I bring him out to gatherings, he inevitably becomes centre of attraction. Eg, Kar Peng's Hen Night, Melvin and Germaine's Wedding, Mum's Party at Home..

Yeye's passenger (he is a taxi driver) even said before she alighted his taxi, "Uncle, can you show me again the pic of your grandson in your handphone! My god! I have never seen such a cute baby!"

It got to the point where people's exclamation over his cuteness and people crowding around him, showering him with love and kisses all the time is a natural thing to me. I would get very surprised if people looked at him and show no signs of being swept off their feet by him.

And that brings me to the next point. How to measure up when I have the next child?

What if Ace got used to all this star treatment and then when the next one comes along and looks better than he does? Will he resent it or be jealous? Will he not be on good terms with his siblings becuase of this?

Or...

What if my next kid looks like his face just kanna rammed by a car? Isn't that even worse? How will he/she ever measure up to the da ge of theirs?

I asked my mum about this and she says that all children are cute. My friends are mostly childless or their children have mostly grown up, that is why they are happy to see, carry and play with Ace.

"Popo always go and care for and love other children. (She is childcare teacher mah) That is why other people will naturally shower love and care for my grandson.." she says.

Heh, maybe I am thinking too much :)

No comments: