Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mummy Day OFF!

Mummy had a day off that day. Courtesy of Daddy. (Daddy posing with Jez Ah Ma's two bao bei... I think he trying to simulate his dream come true of having 3 kids...)

It was a wkend and daddy volunteered to take care of Ace for a number of hours so that mummy could go for a girl’s expedition aka SHOPPING with her Jez Mama.

Well, actually Daddy volunteered because Ah Ma volunteered to take care of Ace cos it was her off day. He said he would bring Ace over to his place and he can chill out while Ah Ma and Ah Gong go gaga over Ace :)

It was the first time Mummy got to go out without Ace and for leisure. The first time in a long long long long while…

Mummy wanted to feel different. She decided then that she should dress up for this special day. After wearing frumpy looking t-shirt and jeans or just any top that she can fit in for the past 4 months, she has decided to wear something sexy.

Mummy then chose a red tube top with her black pants and wore her black heels.

While making up, Mummy felt really strange. I mean, it has been a long long while since she made up because she was going out. Usually she was just visiting someone, having tea with someone or going to office.

Today, is different! She gets to go out and enjoy!

After being Mummy first, and if got time, wife for so long.. mummy felt as if it is the first time in a long long while that she gets to be herself.

It was strange to be out on the streets without Ace or hubby actually. But after a while, one gets into the mood of things.

The initial plan was to go and use her Mothercare 15% discount voucher before it expired. However, upon reaching there, mummy realized that Mothercare is having a sale. Everything is buy 3 get 1 free.. some even 50% off lor..

So there goes the vouchers lor.

In the end, me and Jez Mama went around suntec shopping and gossiping.. and when we finally went back to mothercare, she decided to buy clothes for her daughter and her sister.. buy 3 get 1 free… in the end, she couldn’t decided what was the one free thing she wanted and she asked me to pick out an outfit for Ace!

Wah.. eternally grateful to her because honestly, the clothes at mothercare are so expensive I really cannot bear to buy because I know how fast he will outgrow them :S

We picked out a pack of 3 sleepsuits for him (office very cold sometimes so good for going to office) and we picked the set where there is an orange suit because that is daddy’s favourite colour. FYI, Ace has already outgrown the 3-6 mth ones.. so I decided to help him wear them for a longer period. I chose the 9-12 mths one. I pray hard that he can wear the orange one during Chinese new year then I dun have to buy clothes for him for new year. Hee hee

I dunno if it is cos I got to have time to be with myself and I got to be me again. When I went back home, I felt like a different person. I felt fresh and alive again. Papa seemed to have missed me a lot and kissed me a lot. I felt like I can look at Ace from a different angle and appreciate him all over again.

I always wondered why people go so gaga over Ace. When I bring him to office, he gets passed around and gets hugged and kissed by like umpteen people okay. One even told me that she misses Ace if she doesn’t see him for a few days!

But now that I got a chance to be away and come back again.. I start to realize all over again why Ace is such a cute and lovable baby. He really is very cute. Like a doll and he is such a happy baby. Even if I am not his mummy, I think I will like this baby a lot too ;)

Well, I think from now on, I shall periodically ask for time out with frens without Ace because it really feels therepeautic for the soul.

So new mummies, try it! Your son will be ok and yes, he will survive without you and happily too for a few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel, congrats on your 'Free of Baby' day. On a serious note, your Ace really is such a cutie.

Pus