Monday, January 02, 2006

Fear Of Injection


If you wonder if babies have memories, I think they do...

Yesterday, brought Ace to take his 6th month injection (Hep B 3rd dose).

While Ace slept through all his other injections, he was wide awake for his 5th month injection and I think it was a little painful.

The thing is... I think Ace remembered that it was painful... Maybe I had a part to play in it.. before we went, I told him that we were going for his injection. I told him it will be a little painful.. but the needle poke is like mosquitoe bite. Since he is a big boy and a brave boy, he will be ok, right?

And he smiled.

But when we reached there and daddy started to hold him for the injection, he started to get really upset and fidgetted around... when the nurse took out the needle, I saw a look of pure fear and terror running across his face and needless to say when the needle went in, he started to cry... for about 10 seconds...

Mummy's mental note: I shall remember to bring some toys to distract him and shall tell him it is fun to go for injection the next time ;)

1 comment:

Clatzz said...

ace will remember aunty power pinch him! hahahaha...