Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I like to learn!


Ace likes to learn...

Whenever he looks bored or is feeling a little grumpy, all I need to do is to ask him, "Do you want to do your A, B, Cs?" Take out the flashcards to show him, and he will start to wave his hands and feet excitedly ;)

"Are you kidding? Learning his alphabets at age 6mths???? Is tat kiasuism or wat??" You must wonder...

Well, when I was pregnant, I read some books by a certain fetal education expert called Dr Shichida.. he specializes on unharnessing the potential of the right brain of a child. He says that babies from ag e0-6mths learn the fastest.. after that, their learning speed will slow down and so he advises that you show your babies flashcards.. and also pictures by famous artistes to build their vocab... and sense of aesthetics...

I have found tat being good in language has given me many advantages.. I am able to grasp and understand concepts easily and I can converse easily with people and express how or what i feel.

Having a sense of aesthetics helps me to enjoy and admire many beautiful things in the world.. and tat is why I wanted Ace to have a headstart in these areas.

Anywayz, maybe he likes it cos whenever we do the flashcards, I would sound very excited and at the end, I clap and say, "yeah, we did it again!" hahaha... so he feels like it is something really fun...

Anywayz, the very kiasu me just went to a bookfair and bought flashcards on:
- transport
- animals
- first words
- sea animals

Cheap cheap.. $5 onli mah.. better than i make my own leh ;)

Well, let's hope Ace continues to enjoy learning... ;) My mentor says tat successful people are learning machines... they read read read.. and learn learn learn...

So Ace, do you want to become successful? Then let's continue to read read read and leanr learn learn together!

No comments: